Paypal dispute advice needed.

huynh0224

sorry if this is wrong place to post.

so i bought a set of wheels + tires from a private seller. when i received them, the tires were trash. the seller described them to be at 50% life left. so i opened dispute through PP for $100 (approx about what i paid for the tires without the wheels). PP ruled out that i was eligible for refund as items were not as described, but i have to return the tires to seller. th cost for shipping and handling of 4 tires are ~$100 or more. is there any other way i can go about this? as i only have 2 options to "provide tracking information" or  "cancel claim". 

thanks,

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You I'll have to pay for return shipping up front and then request reimbursement from PayPal return on us  program. The amount you can get back is $30.  You have to activate it for your account first:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

In disputes, PayPal DOES NOT refund return shipping.  Just what you paid originally.  You will have to request return shipping cost separately as above url and it is only up to $30.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

huynh0224

if that the case, i may just leave the case til it closes by itself. the amount i paid was $1200 for package wheels (i'm keeping the wheels) + tires and $300 for shipping cost. if i can only get back $30 reimbursement from PP, but have to pay $100+ for return shipping cost then it simply does not worth my time.

in the end, i will only get back ~$30. anyways, thank you for the replies. another lesson learned and will be more cautious in future transactions.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to pay for return shipping ,but once tracking shows delivered,you get the original payment back.

(original payment is what you paid the seller)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.