Paypal are holding money sent to me via Family

slm100

My Son in the UK was able to repay me some money I lent him so he sent a large amount (over $10,000) to me via send money to family and friends as that seemed a cheaper way than a bank transfer fee.  The money is directly from his bank so it is cleared funds but PayPal decided to hold it and wanted his ID.  He uploaded it and they said it would take 2-3 days. His Paypal is restricted while they do whatever they do.

2 weeks later we are still waiting! These are cleared funds from a bank account - why are they holding on to it? I am so mad.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

strict rules in Euro zone and UK and USA on money laundering and anti terrorism act.

I dont know about UK,but Euro countries members who use Paypal,are allowed to accept up to 1500 Euro  since inception without submitting proof of ID,after that they have to submit proof of residence,citizenship .

It sounds like they are doing the same with your son,common sense,for 5 figures,would you use PAYPal?

For that kind of money,you son should use bank wiretransfer,small fee to pay for better service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.