Paypal (UK) stealing some of my paypal funds on two occasions

adzy1981
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone that uses paypal ever notice them taking money from your account (even though its not owed to them? I have experienced this twice?

first time was 3 months ago when they refunded me for an item (less the 8.50 i was owed by them) 

Second time was another refund (part of this was paid via bank transfer and the other part was with funds I already had in my Paypal Account) 

Anyone any ideas on how I could possibly prosecute them? 

I will only be using cheques from now on, it might take a longer time for it to clear in account, but at least it doesnt get stolen by Paypal

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, adzy1981. Thanks for taking the time to post a message here in the PayPal Community! The situation you've described is certainly not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers! A couple of things come to mind based on what you've said related to refunds. I hope this information is helpful.

One possibility is that the refunds involved payments that included currency conversions. When a payment has to be converted to a different currency, PayPal assesses a small fee which is added to the cost of the item. This also occurs for payments that involve cross-border transactions. When such payments are refunded, only the original purchase price is returned, and PayPal retains the fee.

Another possibility is that there may have been a system issue. Problems occur from time to time, but PayPal always wants to hear from customers when such issues arise, and we do our best to address them fully. To track down the source of any problem, especially where it involves funds disappearing, it will be necessary to ask you to call Customer Service and speak with a Representative. The Representative who assists you will need the specific transaction dates and amounts from your Activity.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks again for sharing your concern with the Community. PayPal absolutely appreciates your contribution here as well as your business. Take care!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.