Paypal Here Failure to load sales reports

ExpressionsPA
Contributor
Contributor

I have been successfully using PayPal Here on an Android tablet, Android Phone & Ipad for a little over a year.  However about a week ago it stopped generating sales reports.  When I select the "sales reports" option from ANY of my devices it just says "Failed to load reports. Try again later, blah blah blah".  I have not been able to generate a single sales report in at least a week.  I have logged out and logged back in, cleared caches & data, and even reinstalled the app several times and nothing seems to work.  Is anyone else having any issues with this? Is there a solution?  I'm not sure if maybe it is related to a software update or not.  Sidenote: a few months ago it stopped printing receipts to my Star Receipt Printer when using the ipad, but switching to an android product fixed that issue. My ipad STILL does not print receipts even though it clearly "sees" the printer through paypal here. 

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

dexmis5
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having same problem for the past two weeks.  I have 2 android devices and can't generate reports on either of them.  I just did an update on my tablet thinking maybe that was the problem.  Didn't fix issue.  Has anyone heard of a solution for this problem?  Anyone else still having trouble?  

Login to Me Too

ecowastenot
Contributor
Contributor
I un installed the program then reinstalled it. No luck! Very tedious trying to send reports to my vendors...
Login to Me Too

reportsfail
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same problem since the last of July.  I've been on the phone with PPH customer service for over an hour while I write this, getting passed from person to person.  Now currently holding for a supervisor.  I've gotten no answers.  This seems to happen about every 3 months and is very frustrating.  We have a small artisan shop.  The cusotmer service agents don't understand the reports that you get thru a PC on the website are in a different format then the ones you get from your mobile device.

PPH really needs to get this fixed.

Login to Me Too

remnantpubl
Contributor
Contributor

We just started experiencing this error as well. We had the PayPal Here app installed in several different phones to be used at a tradeshow for sales at our booth. Prior to this the sales report would generate just fine.

I just got off the phone with PayPal support. They had me reinstall the app and try a couple different things, but the error is still there. They are going to escalate the issue to the developers of the app.

What would really be nice is a way to generate a PayPal Here specific transaction report from the backend of PayPal (when you log in to your account through a web browser). You can add product and add product options from the backend, but it does not have a way to list sales specific to PayPal Here transactions.

Login to Me Too

reportsfail
Contributor
Contributor

We have used PPH for our small artisan shop for over a year.  It has happened 3 different times.  Each time is very frustrating.  I use these 'canned' reports to pay the indiviudal artisans.  The format is perfect.  The ones you can download from a PC are not very helpful.  But that is what I'll be doing this afternoon in order to get the figures to pay the artisans by August 15th.   I finally got thru to a supervisor that understood that these Sales Detail and Product Detail reports were unique and not something I could get in a download on a PC.  She was helpful, but said it was a known issue and was being worked on.  She was going to see if there was anyway the reports could be emailed to me.  As of yet I've not seen them and as of this morning the Sales Report function in the app is still not working.   It would be great if these 'canned' reports were accessible as a download from a PC.   Well better get to it.  The artisans would like to have their checks on time.  

Login to Me Too

remnantpubl
Contributor
Contributor

I just did some testing this morning and discovered I was able to generate the sales report on iPhone and on an iPad. So it seems to be isolated to Android phones (I don't have an android tablet to test on).

I've sent this info to PayPal techs in the hopes that they can fix the issue soon.

Login to Me Too

ecowastenot
Contributor
Contributor

as of 8/15/16 I was able to generate my reports! yahooooo

Login to Me Too

reportsfail
Contributor
Contributor
<p>yes it was repaired late on the 11th. hopefully it will stay repaired.</p>
Login to Me Too

reportsfail
Contributor
Contributor
It was repaired on the 11th. I did all my reports the hard way on the 10th. Hopefully they have it repaired for good this time.
Login to Me Too

dexmis5
Contributor
Contributor

OMG it works!  I read on here that issue was fixed on 8/11/16 and I was still having problems with the reports failing to load,  so I did an update.  Now it works!  So happy as I depend on these reports after I do an event.  You can even go back and generate a report for a different date (I had one I needed a report for prior to the 11th).  Seems all good now!  Thank you PayPal for finally fixing the problem!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.