Paypal Credit Issues at checkout?

Saturn4ce
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I Won a few Auctions today and they all say they take Paypal Credit.  I have been using Paypal Credit since it came out and use it for all my purchases, I always pay on time and in full, and I have plenty of money in paypal for the purchases. 

This is actually 2 seperate Questions:

1.  When I go into paypal I have Six items to pay for but Paypal Credit is not available for some reason.  I get a message saying

"PayPal Credit isn't eligible for this purchase, which may be due to one of the following reasons:
  • A seller isn't eligible to accept PayPal Credit
  • You're buying an item sold in a currency that is not supported
  • You have a PayPal Smart Connect or PayPal Extras MasterCard linked to your PayPal account

So I found out that One of the Auction Items is doing this to me a 570 dollar purchase from a seller with 0 Feedback.

So I take him off my list X'ing him out for now to pay for the other 5, just a little over 200 dollars.

My Paypal Credit is Now Showing!   So I click on it but all of a sudden my screen gets greyed out lightly for some reason and the only thing I can do is Exit completely out of the page or Click the Back button.        

I tried another Browser and the same thing happens, only I start to see a box pop up when clicking the option open for paypal credit and with no text it just dissapears quickly, so not sure if paypal is trying to tell me something but It doesnt stay long enough to develop the message before vanashing. 

2.   The 0 feedback seller, it says on his page that he takes Paypal Credit, but on the payment method screen it doesnt give me the option?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially since Paypal service is down for the moment, just wanted to get some insight if anyone might know what the problem might be before I call tomorrow.  Thank you in advance. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Saturn4ce
Contributor
Contributor

((((SOLUTION!!!))))

I Called Paypal and Ebay this morning, I actually got people I could understand clearly woot!

Even though nobody responded, thats ok (it was sunday night after all); I thought I would give you the answer in case someone online is having the same problem as me.  I should say a solution that worked.

+  Go into Account settings

+ CLick Personal Information

Checkout saved payment methods

+ CLick "Remove" to get rid of your email there

+Then try to pay again - Information I recieved from Ebay Help line.

Worked for me, Hope this helps someone.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Saturn4ce
Contributor
Contributor

I failed to mention the seller was from Texas so he is using the same currency as me

Login to Me Too

Saturn4ce
Contributor
Contributor

Saturn4ce
Contributor
Contributor

I woke up this morning and when going into checkout recieved some error message:  

I keep getting a error message telling me to try again.   

written in red with an X at the end, nothing else popped up.

I used a fix (somewhat) found in the ebay forums by updateing my Cards on paypal and that issue went away.

The Problem still remains though and when clicking on Paypal Credit this now pops Up:

We ran into a problem and PayPal Credit isn't available right now. Please select a different payment option.

Is Paypal Credit down?

Login to Me Too

Saturn4ce
Contributor
Contributor

Nope nevermind the warning came  back :   ( ! ) Something went wrong. Please try to check out again.      ((wasn't an X but an !, sorry was going by memory))

Login to Me Too
Solved

Saturn4ce
Contributor
Contributor

((((SOLUTION!!!))))

I Called Paypal and Ebay this morning, I actually got people I could understand clearly woot!

Even though nobody responded, thats ok (it was sunday night after all); I thought I would give you the answer in case someone online is having the same problem as me.  I should say a solution that worked.

+  Go into Account settings

+ CLick Personal Information

Checkout saved payment methods

+ CLick "Remove" to get rid of your email there

+Then try to pay again - Information I recieved from Ebay Help line.

Worked for me, Hope this helps someone.

Login to Me Too

Joey391
New Community Member
Thank you for this, I was having this problem for 5 days and I could never figure it out.
Login to Me Too

Todd6
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem. Where do you go to remove email? eBay or PayPal? I went into both and couldn't find anywhere to see that info to change it. I got a PayPal credit account, which was nice, but I can't use it. I've won item from a reputable seller but can't purchase the item despite its way less than my available credit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.