Paypal Cash Back credit card usage

Alelo
Contributor
Contributor
Is it used as any credit card and there the cash back is added, or do I have to pay using exclusively Paypal or in stores that use Paypal as a payment method to earn cashback?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It's a plastic card so you can use it online like a credit card with or without having to log in PayPal or as a credit card in-store anywhere Mastercard is accepted.   It is not like PayPal Credit aka billmelater where you have to log in and pay with PayPal.

“Eligible Purchases” means net purchases (less credits, returns, and adjustments) of goods and services made using your Card Account by you or your authorized users. Eligible Purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions or any other transactions that Synchrony Bank may determine in its sole discretion are not eligible to earn Cash Rewards.

See this for cashback program terms:

https://paypal.syf.com/consumereApply/Internet/paypaldc/en/pdf/TwoPercentCashback.pdf

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Generally, you have to have the PayPal Business Debit Mastercard, activated for the cashback program and have to use it exclusively in-store, as a sign for "credit" purchase.

See section 7 for more info re: cashback program

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/debitcard-full?locale.x=en_US

Login to Me Too

Alelo
Contributor
Contributor
I don't think that is the same card that Im referring to, this one is 2% Cash Back on all your purchases, there is no Business name in that card. I just want to know if it works on every purshase e (gas station,supermarket) without using Paypal as a Payment method, just using the card. Thanks for your reply
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is this a third party card or a PayPal Branded card?  If it is a third party card, anywhere you use it (online purchases by itself via non-PayPal checkout or linked through a PayPal account, in-store, etc) should drum up cashback for your card.

Login to Me Too

Alelo
Contributor
Contributor
Its a Paypal card, from Synchrony Bank. Its a MasterCard. It says for all purchases you make a 2% cash back, but I wanted to be clear before applying for it
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did some googling around and apparently, yes, including gas stations, groceries.

Login to Me Too

Alelo
Contributor
Contributor
But without using Paypal as a paying method?
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It's a plastic card so you can use it online like a credit card with or without having to log in PayPal or as a credit card in-store anywhere Mastercard is accepted.   It is not like PayPal Credit aka billmelater where you have to log in and pay with PayPal.

“Eligible Purchases” means net purchases (less credits, returns, and adjustments) of goods and services made using your Card Account by you or your authorized users. Eligible Purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions or any other transactions that Synchrony Bank may determine in its sole discretion are not eligible to earn Cash Rewards.

See this for cashback program terms:

https://paypal.syf.com/consumereApply/Internet/paypaldc/en/pdf/TwoPercentCashback.pdf

Login to Me Too

Alelo
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, that's the answer that I was searching for
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.