Paypal Balance question

WaifuChan
Contributor
Contributor

If I were to buy a Paypal Gift Card, does it go to my PayPal balance? Also, when I add it, will it ask for bank information, ssn, or tax id?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you key-in the 10-digit pin to http://paypal.com/cash login your paypal account and load it up.

in my case providing those identity files was not needed. not sure with yours.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No, you can only use it for purchase.

PayPal MyCash card is the one that will add funds to your account.

Login to Me Too

WaifuChan
Contributor
Contributor
Oh, sorry. Paypal MyCash card was what I meant. how does it work? Is it like redeem a code and it adds to your balance or do you have to put on your ssn, tax id, etc?
Login to Me Too
Solved

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you key-in the 10-digit pin to http://paypal.com/cash login your paypal account and load it up.

in my case providing those identity files was not needed. not sure with yours.

Login to Me Too

WaifuChan
Contributor
Contributor
ok, so if it were to go to my balance, how would I be able to buy things with it? For example, I buy something and goes to the part where it asks to choose/ add a debit/credit card. Is there an option to buy using PayPal balance?
Login to Me Too

WaifuChan
Contributor
Contributor

I just  bought one with $30 and it ended up asking for my ssn. Then it asked for me to confirm my identity and I pressed entered without noticing my address and DOB was wrong. Now my account won't take money so I just wasted $30.

Login to Me Too

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

are you below 18 years old? if no then contact customer support to check your account.

Login to Me Too

WaifuChan
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.