Payments

myaob
Contributor
Contributor

Please I have a certain amount in my Paypal account but I want to purchase an item worth more than that amount in my Paypal. Although my Debit card is linked to my Paypal, I want to use the money in my Paypal account also. I have looked for how to transfer money to my Paypal but could not get. Please how do I handle this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You never need funds in your paypal account to buy items as paypal will take direct from your funding source attached to your paypal account.

If you do however have funds in your balance ie from a buyers payment then paypal will use those first as long as the funds are not pending and are in the same currency as the person you are paying accepts.

To use those funds however you need a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

If you don't have enough funds in your balance for the item then paypal will use those funds anyway and then debit the rest from your linked card.

You can see how the item is paid for before you click submit to pay.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You never need funds in your paypal account to buy items as paypal will take direct from your funding source attached to your paypal account.

If you do however have funds in your balance ie from a buyers payment then paypal will use those first as long as the funds are not pending and are in the same currency as the person you are paying accepts.

To use those funds however you need a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

If you don't have enough funds in your balance for the item then paypal will use those funds anyway and then debit the rest from your linked card.

You can see how the item is paid for before you click submit to pay.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

myaob
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for your reply. it has put my worry to rest. But How do I mark your response as you indicated at the bottom of your post?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You did it, thank you     Smiley Happy 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.