Payments to Uber

ManuDiver
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to change the way payments are being done to Uber in my PayPal account. I would like to pay with my PayPal Credit account or with one of my credit cards. Can I do that ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@ManuDiver wrote:

I regret to report that even I changed the sources for payment, Paypal paid Uber with my Bank Account, not with my PayPal Credit Account. Does anybody know what to do to make this happened? If not possible to pay with PayPal Credit, at least I would like to pay with my registered Backup Credit Card Account. Thanks

remove paypal credit

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to Profile > Payments > My Preapproved Payments > Set Available Funding Sources

You can also set up back up funding source through the Uber billing profile

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ManuDiver
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I have removed the account that was being used as the default for Uber payments. However, I cannot use the PayPal Credit Account as the only funds source. The system gives me the error "You cannot remove all of your instant funding sources from Merchant Relationships. Please select at least one funding source from the list below."

So, now I have two sources of funding: my credit card and PayPal Credit. Do you know if the system will try to make payments first from the PayPal Credit first and then from my Credit Card ?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Credit is often problematic as you won't know if it is even available as a payment source until time of payment.  A credit card is predicatable for regular use.

Login to Me Too

ManuDiver
Contributor
Contributor

I wait until next Uber ride to confirm priority of sourcing funds payment. Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

ManuDiver
Contributor
Contributor

I regret to report that even I changed the sources for payment, Paypal paid Uber with my Bank Account, not with my PayPal Credit Account. Does anybody know what to do to make this happened? If not possible to pay with PayPal Credit, at least I would like to pay with my registered Backup Credit Card Account. Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@ManuDiver wrote:

remove paypal credit

Login to Me Too

yytolentino
New Community Member
please send updated directions as i dont see any of these options on the app or site only thing showing is payment method.
Login to Me Too

MonEdith
New Community Member
I've always had my Paypal credit set up as my preferred payment method and was able to ride uber and pay with Paypal credit. However, this past 3 rides that I've taken, and chose to pay with Paypal are being charged to my bank account. I know Paypal does this automatically when you have no credit available, but the weird thing is that I do. Maybe Uber is not accepting Paypal credit as a form of payment?
Login to Me Too

ManuDiver
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe ? I know that in other countries UBER does not accept PayPal and that has worked fine for me, the payment is made with my Backup Credit Card. Can PayPal support representatives help us with this ? Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.