Payment

Uchiha
Contributor
Contributor
So here’s what happen I bought a jacket for $250 (he said send in friends and family) then two days later he text me saying oh my computer crash and we have no record of your payment I have all the proof that it this is what happen pictures then when I tried to open up a dispute case it says whoop a problem occurred I literally tried like 50 times same thing
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Sending money for Friends and Family for a purchase is a huge mistake, here's why - when you look at the transaction details, it simply looks like you sent money to a friend or family member - from PayPal's perspective, you didn't purchase anything.  That's why trying to open a Dispute is useless.  Although you may have emails and/or other documentation, it really won't help as the actual transaction record has to have the details.  Sadly, you have been scammed.  It's quite a common scam for people who are not familiar with how PayPal works or have even looked at the User Agreement.  As a buyer, the seller should have either sent you an invoice for the item or told you to use the "Goods or Services" option to send him the funds for the purchase.   Sending money for "Goods or Services" protects you as you have the documentation needed for a Dispute if needed, also the seller has to pay the transaction processing fees (2.9% + $.30 on the total amount) - the seller was aware of this and the policies but, choose to take advantage of you.  (That's how scammers work.)

Login to Me Too

Uchiha
Contributor
Contributor
He said send as friend and family so it could be the exact amount but I have proof that it was a purchase but he has over 100k followers on Instagram and many celebs have bought from him and he has a lot of good feedbacks
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

I have a "bridge" for sale in NY.   Just looking for a buyer.   We also have "fake followers" for sale.  Can't you see where this is going !!   (Sorry, just trying to help.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.