Payment

pampam1
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment and on my summary page it shows completed.  Underneath that it says repeat transaction.  When I called PayPal the automatic voice mail said the payment had been deducted from my bank account but it hasn't been.  So am I supposed to repeat the transaction.  I don't want to pay the same person twice!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pampam1

I am guessing that you made a payment via the friends / family option?

If so then the 'repeat transaction' is on all of those payments in case you want to send to a mate or family member again as it saves you typing it all in again, it is NOT a request to do so.

BUT NEVER use that option if its for a buying transaction or you will have no buyer protection.

As for your payment, when you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source. The funds can leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pampam1

I am guessing that you made a payment via the friends / family option?

If so then the 'repeat transaction' is on all of those payments in case you want to send to a mate or family member again as it saves you typing it all in again, it is NOT a request to do so.

BUT NEVER use that option if its for a buying transaction or you will have no buyer protection.

As for your payment, when you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source. The funds can leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.