Payment pending

Ppscrub
Contributor
Contributor
I just sold my first item on EBay. The buyer sent the money to my PP and the payment is currently pending. I get that I need to wait for the payment to clear since it was my first sale. What I don't get is what exactly I'm waiting for. How can I shorten the wait as much as possible? Do I need to do something specific? Does the buyer need to do something, like check "Item Received", or is it only a matter of time and nothing else? The buyer thing doesn't quite make sense as PP itself advises not to send anything before the payment clears...
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

instant bank transfer vs e check,what I understand is that if he does not have a credit card linked to his paypal account,all bank payments become echeck and takes 3-5 days to clear.

if first attempt fails,PAYPAL will wait 2 days and try again.

Your buyer bank could charge NSF 1 or 2 times if he does not have enough fund in his account.

you just have to wait till PAYPAL tells you it is okay to ship 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What is actually on the PayPal transaction details page?  Is it OK to ship or not?

Login to Me Too

Ppscrub
Contributor
Contributor

'This payment is still pending. In case you are shipping an item please wait until the payment is completed.'

That's what it says.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is asking you to wait until they collect the payment from the buyer,it could be an echeck which takes 3-5 days to clear,if there is enough fund in buyer bank account,if not,Paypal will wait 2 days and try again.

It could be a credit card issued by a foreign bank or an obscure issuer and takes time to collect.

these days it could be a virtual card,debit card,gift card,just be patient,you can ship if you want to live dangerously,no one forces you to wait,it is up to you.

Login to Me Too

Ppscrub
Contributor
Contributor

'...has initiated a PayPal payment to you - funded from the sender's bank account...'

It was a bank account transfer it seems. Does that count as an echeck or not? Also, the payment was made on Friday afternoon(according to the buyer's regional time). Does that mean it will get handled on Monday as banks don't do these transactions on weekends(at least where I'm from)?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The only thing it means is to wait until PayPal indicates OK to send.  There is likely a problem with the sender's funding and it could actully fail.  There is no time line to expect completion; just wait unit PayPal give the OK.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

instant bank transfer vs e check,what I understand is that if he does not have a credit card linked to his paypal account,all bank payments become echeck and takes 3-5 days to clear.

Your buyer bank could charge NSF 1 or 2 times if he does not have enough fund in his account.

Login to Me Too

12345laxman
Contributor
Contributor
help my payment
Login to Me Too

mercbaz
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

Hi, I have a similar situation. I have a credit card and debit card linked to my account and Ive paid a seller via PayPal. He now informs me that he will not send my item until my payment has cleared as he does not trust the payment while it is on hold! What happens now ?

Regards, mercbaz

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@mercbaz wrote:

@sumiko wrote:

Hi, I have a similar situation. I have a credit card and debit card linked to my account and Ive paid a seller via PayPal. He now informs me that he will not send my item until my payment has cleared as he does not trust the payment while it is on hold! What happens now ?

Regards, mercbaz

is this a different kind of hold ,new seller or seller who dont sell much or seller been away and come back to sell,could experience Paypal or Ebay hold until he shipped the item.

tell him,if he does not ship,upload tracking ,he may never get his payment released.

payment would be released after he upload tracking,when tracking shows it has been delivered to you,it would be released sooner like 3 -21 days after tracking shows delivered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.