Payment pending/under review

Chantene
Contributor
Contributor

I sent money to a family member ($25.00) and received a notification that it was pending because it was under review due to gov’t regulations and policies and would take  72 hours to be resolved. Why?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That doesn't sound right. Most payments are always "pending" and PayPal will only send you notifications:

• When you send money
  • When you request money
  • When you receive a payment
  • When you make a purchase
  • About developer updates
  • About surveys
  • About news and promotions or
  • When you update your account

If this was an email that was sent to you, please forward it to spoof@paypal.com. It's important that you DO NOT copy and paste the email because valuable tracking information about the source will be lost.

If this is from a SMS or text, many carriers will let you report SPAM by simply forwarding the message to ‘7726’ (which is the keys for ‘SPAM’ on most phones). Once again, DO NOT copy and paste if you can. Check with your service provider to find if this service is supported.

If this is from a website, copy and paste the URL and send it to spoof@paypal.com.

More information, and information on how to identify suspicious messages and websites, go to https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity.

Remember, you can contact PayPal's customer service either by phone at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call or by email at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/email.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this message with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome! Earlier in the conversation, you said "And if it didn't get resolved, i.e., my giving the information, they could terminate my account." Are they asking for personal information? If this isn't solved by Wednesday, you should try to contact the moderator team between 1-2PM PT (4-5PM ET). The link is at /t5/Community-Events/bd-p/US-Events and would have a similar title to "PayPal Community Chat 2/21" but it will be accessible until 2/21. You should check out "How does this board work?" before you post anything in the community chat at /t5/Community-Events/How-does-this-board-work/td-p/423189/jump-to/first-unread-message.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That doesn't sound right. Most payments are always "pending" and PayPal will only send you notifications:

• When you send money
  • When you request money
  • When you receive a payment
  • When you make a purchase
  • About developer updates
  • About surveys
  • About news and promotions or
  • When you update your account

If this was an email that was sent to you, please forward it to spoof@paypal.com. It's important that you DO NOT copy and paste the email because valuable tracking information about the source will be lost.

If this is from a SMS or text, many carriers will let you report SPAM by simply forwarding the message to ‘7726’ (which is the keys for ‘SPAM’ on most phones). Once again, DO NOT copy and paste if you can. Check with your service provider to find if this service is supported.

If this is from a website, copy and paste the URL and send it to spoof@paypal.com.

More information, and information on how to identify suspicious messages and websites, go to https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity.

Remember, you can contact PayPal's customer service either by phone at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call or by email at https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/email.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this message with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

Chantene
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. I did forward the email, but have no idea what is going on with it yet. I can’t cancel the payments either because there is no “cancel” to click on under “Pending” section of the summary. I appreciate the information! 

Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Your welcome! Let me know how it goes! Enjoy!
Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
A thought just occurred to me, after I hit "Submit," that it's possible that there might a legal investigation. Try not to worry. Let me know how it goes - if you can. Enjoy! P.S. they usually do respond on whether or not the email is a scam or whatnot. Also, not all pending transactions will have a way to cancel it.
Login to Me Too

Chantene
Contributor
Contributor

I have no idea why there would be a legal investigation...but I received another email saying they needed to know who the person was that I put in note section of money I sent and they may need other information re: this person, such as birthdate etc.  And if it didn't get resolved, i.e., my giving the information, they could terminate my account.

Login to Me Too

Chantene
Contributor
Contributor

PS:  They did respond to the email I forwarded saying they would investigate it and might contact me with additional details.  

Login to Me Too

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sounds good! Just try to follow the instructions from PayPal's response on the forwarded email. If you didn't do anything, then you shouldn't have to worry about anything. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Chantene
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your help! I hope it’s resolved soon because they took the money from my bank account already, but it hasn’t been received by my family member!
Login to Me Too
Solved

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You're welcome! Earlier in the conversation, you said "And if it didn't get resolved, i.e., my giving the information, they could terminate my account." Are they asking for personal information? If this isn't solved by Wednesday, you should try to contact the moderator team between 1-2PM PT (4-5PM ET). The link is at /t5/Community-Events/bd-p/US-Events and would have a similar title to "PayPal Community Chat 2/21" but it will be accessible until 2/21. You should check out "How does this board work?" before you post anything in the community chat at /t5/Community-Events/How-does-this-board-work/td-p/423189/jump-to/first-unread-message.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.