Payment pending and under review (Where's the value add?)

bobberGman
New Community Member
I just made a purchase from a company that I've purchased Motorcycle parts several times before. PatPay is listing my payment as pending and under review. The message states that regulations require them to periodically review payments. Meanwhile my items aren't shipping. Needless to say, I'm extremely disappointed and won't use PayPal for routine purchases. I just don't see the value add. I'm trying to use my credit card to make a purchase. I'll pay direct in the future and avoid the frustration. Anyone experienced anything like this?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you have a credit card I fail to see the logic of processing the credit card payment through PayPal where it will be subjected to additional review.  Itr's alll part of PayPal's risk and security analysis; there may even be an issues with your account.

When using a credit card for a purchase just do it directly--no PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you have a credit card I fail to see the logic of processing the credit card payment through PayPal where it will be subjected to additional review.  Itr's alll part of PayPal's risk and security analysis; there may even be an issues with your account.

When using a credit card for a purchase just do it directly--no PayPal.

Login to Me Too

temp20161216a
Contributor
Contributor

and that just tring to buy something just think abount all the sellers right now trying to get paid I have 9 item i sold with tracking uploaded and excellent feedback for some of these transactions but for some reason my account has been limited for suspisious activity and money beng held 180 days 6 months ..but guess what Paypal  got there fees for the transactions but not me **bleep**  report them to SEC,BBB,FTC, And your State Reps if enough people do this Im sure they will lose there accsess to be able to be an public company that sales Share on Wall  Street. REPORT THEM TO SECERITY EXCHANGE COMMISSION  and FTC, AND BBB

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If they are holding your money for six months, that means they no longer want to do business with you.  They are holding the money for that long just in case someone decides to file a dispute, chargeback, or bank reversal so the money is there to fund refunds. Something, either you violated Acceptable Use policy or your transactions reflect a pattern of suspicious activity and risk that is too great for PayPal to continue to do business with you.  They also take your account history into consideration .  What were you selling and were they high value transactions?  Did you have to provide business/invoice documents?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.