Payment method changed itself for monthly recurring purchase

golfmad
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have a monthly recurring transaction that I set up to be fulfilled using a credit card on my paypal account. I also have a couple of other credit cards and a bank account set up. Somehow, after several months and without me doing anything, the fulfillment method has changed from a credit card to my bank account. Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

golfmad
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I don't think it was that as none of the cards have expired during this period but I think I've found and corrected the problem. The problem might have been that the primary funding source was set to paypal funds (which are always 0) but the backup funding source was not set at all. I think that somehow the order of my cards/accounts changed so that the backup funding source changed. I have resolved this (I hope!) by explicitly setting the backup funding source to the card I want. Hopefully it will always use that card in future.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I expect it may have happened if your card had expired and needed updating.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

golfmad
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I don't think it was that as none of the cards have expired during this period but I think I've found and corrected the problem. The problem might have been that the primary funding source was set to paypal funds (which are always 0) but the backup funding source was not set at all. I think that somehow the order of my cards/accounts changed so that the backup funding source changed. I have resolved this (I hope!) by explicitly setting the backup funding source to the card I want. Hopefully it will always use that card in future.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.