Payment for a buyer located in india to a merchant with a business account in india only

piyushbhatia8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Team

I am trying to integrate paypal in one of my applications where my intention is to open it for payment by Indian buyer into my merchant account which is also in India.Earlier this was not possible,Correct? But i heard some days back that its possible now for indian merchant to receive payment from indian buyer.But today i set up sandbox accounts and REST app to test client SDK integration for testing the same.But it didnt work.I want to know if this feature is available in paypal or its a future prospect that Indian merchant will be able to receive payment from indian buyer.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@piyushbhatia8

You would need to reach out to your own customer services agents to find out if that has changed recently.

All i can give you is this.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

piyushbhatia8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass

Thanks for replying.

I didnt get your reply that how can our customer service agents can tell that this scenario is working or not.

This thing needs to be confirmed from paypal side.

Because when ever i m running this scenario in sandbox or production env. Its giving me a message saying We cant process your payment and return to merchant.

Where as if i choose different business account in different country other than india it works pretty well.Somewhere,Paypal needs to confirm on this whether this scenario does actually work or not.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@piyushbhatia8

Thats why I told you to contact Paypal customer service agents in your own country and ask them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.