Payment error: 26-Invalid vendor account

Delli
New Community Member

Hi,

I would like to make a credit card transaction via PayPal Payments Pro 2.0 (PayFlow). I have configured the user,password and vendor name (Paypal Sandbox). but after submitting the credit card details i am getting the error message as 'Payment error: 26-Invalid vendor account'.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Delli

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jamserv
New Community Member

Issue
PayPal returned result code 26 - Invalid vendor account when processing a transaction.

Cause
You may get result code 26 if:

• You just activated your account. A vendor account doesn't become active until at least an hour after it was created. Typically, a database update begins at 20 minutes past the hour and lasts about 20 minutes. If your account becomes active while the database is updating (after the 20-minute mark), you must wait until after the next hour's update before you can use it.
  • The login information is incorrect. Verify the information you entered in the User, Vendor, Partner, and Password fields.
  • Check that you sent the correct Partner value.
  • The primary user's Merchant ID should be in the User field. For a secondary Payflow Pro user, the User field should contain the password assigned by the primary user.
  • All fields are case-sensitive.
  • The bank BIN number is unknown. For PayPal Australia (VSA) only, result code 26 indicates that the customer's credit card is issued by a credit union or small financial institution. The processor, FDRA, has no bank identification number (BIN) on file for the card, which triggers the error message,"No Universal Account - Response code 42." You must get another credit card or form of payment from your customer.

Solution
Check that all values in use are both correct values and proper case (all values are case-sensitive).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.