Payment declined due to international currency - "Sorry, this payment option isn't available."

blackpearlblues
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal security is blocking me from purchasing an item on eBay. When I try to purchase the item, I get one of two errors:

• We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.
  • Sorry, this payment option isn't available. Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue.

The seller and item both have stellar ratings. I assume that because I'm a U.S. consumer and the currency for the item is CAD, PayPal is mistaking my attempted purchases as some type of fraud.

Upon not being able to make the purchase I reviewed my PayPal account and resolved a security alert by changing my password. PayPal then enabled me to make the purchase, but an error on the eBay site forced me to refresh the checkout page and re-enter my PayPal information. Once I refreshed, PayPal blocked the purchase again. There was no security alert the second time but I changed my password anyway, assuming that a password change would resolve the issue like it did the first time. Unfortunately, I am still unable to complete the purchase.

I called PayPal customer service and was told that and even though I confirmed my identity and the purchase attempts, my password has been changed twice, and my account is in good standing; the customer service representative was unable to override the security block. I am inquiring further about what steps I could possibly take to lift this block.

P.S.

The seller only accepts PayPal, so I cannot use an alternate form of payment.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.