Payment Stuck in Pending?

CrowBB
Contributor
Contributor

Short story:  I have a payment for an eBay auction that is still in pending status.  I want to cancel or refund it but I can do nothing while it sits in pending but has already charged to my credit card.

Long story:  I bought an item on eBay last week. I paid immediately via Paypal, but eBay cancelled the auction about an hour later and told me they suspect the account was hijacked.  I called my credit card company but it was too late to stop the payment.  The seller has yet to claim the payment, now a week later, it still shows as pending.  I cannot find anywhere in Paypal to do anything about this other than wait for it to be claimed and my item to inevitably not show up then file a dispute

Is there anything I can do right now or am I stuck?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CrowBB

If he does not claim the payment then the pending status will time out at 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CrowBB

If he does not claim the payment then the pending status will time out at 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Or, if it has passed the second estimated delivery date on your My eBay > purchase history, report the purchase as Item Not Received.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Harleymick
Contributor
Contributor

I have a different kind of payment stuck in pending. I have made payments from checking accounts from two different banks on my PayPal Credit account and both remain in pending. One of them has been there for several days. Why can't I seem to make a payment to PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.