Payment Mistake

Breechan1
New Community Member
I accidentally sent a buyer a typeo in my email (basically missing one letter) , if she sent the money to that email will it be sent back to her?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Breechan1,

Thank you for joining the community! That's a great question!

If the email address that the payment is sent to is not associated with a PayPal account, the payment will be marked as "unclaimed" and there will likely be a cancel button. Unclaimed payments that never get claimed or canceled are refunded after 30 days.

If the misspelling actually is connected with a PayPal account, that's a little more complicated. The first thing to do would be for the sender to email that address and request that the recipient refund the payment. If that doesn't yield a result or the person is uncooperative, a dispute for Item Not Received can be opened, as long as the payment was sent as a goods and services payment. If the payment was sent as a friends and family payment, there would be option for that type of dispute, and the only avenue is to appeal to that erroneous recipient.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.