Paying at The Home Depot with PayPal

jpcallan
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to use my Pay Pal account at the Home Depot, but I am getting the run-around as to how to do it if I don't use some sort of smart phone. I found references to a PayPal card (not the credit card), but I can't find any way to sign up for one. The local Home Depot store directed me to PayPal when I couldn't get the self-checkout terminal to work with my normal PayPal information.

I found an archived article directing me to http://www.paypal.com/anywhere   that offer to get me a smart-phone app, but nothing about a card or Home Depot. See:

"Pay with your PayPal account at your local Home Depot Store 

Activate Store Checkout in your PayPal account.Start paying with PayPal using your mobile number and PIN."

There's a video that talks about the card, but not how to get one.

I would also like to use PayPal for payments for online purchases at the Home Depot if that is possible. Does anyone have a direction to send me to get PayPal working at Home Deport W/O a cell phone?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOOa0iv3-4

It says that they will send you a card, if you haven't received one already I'd suggest you contact PayPal here and ask them to resend one.

Online purchases are the same as always if they accept PayPal.

jpcallan
Contributor
Contributor

@TsufakTuna wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJOOa0iv3-4

It says that they will send you a card, if you haven't received one already I'd suggest you contact PayPal here and ask them to resend one.

Online purchases are the same as always if they accept PayPal.

Nice video, but the snag is the step "Activate In-store chekout". I can't find how or where to do this. You may have noticed another user asked more or less the same question under the YoutTube video and got no reply.

Login to Me Too

TsufakTuna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

As always, only a PayPal employee can help you in these circumstances. You should call them.

Notgoingmobile
New Community Member

Unlike the Who in their 70s song "Going Mobile" (in an RV), I tried using the Ebay mobile app (Android) a couple times -- to try and claim the spend $100, get $20 offer -- at Home Depot and (apparently) have failed both times. I am unclear on how to register the mobile app and basically, it is just not worth the hassle. Ebay, for the record, I have made two "in store" purchass at Home Depot for greater than $100 but yesterday (06-10-2015) my phone said to enter my mobile # and pin (into the store's keypad) to pay. It worked, but does this count as using the mobile app? I give up; I have already spent much more than $20 worth of my time and frustration.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.