Paying a friend and family

andyshanebrian
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I only use paypal if I am using Ebay, but last sunday I made a payment to a friend/family for an iPad now I know stupid enough I dont know the person I met her via Depop she was selling me an iPad. We have been in contact and stuff she sent me a screen shot of the recepit that she had sent the item through the post office, I am only just realising I did not give her my address she has sent it does my address show up on the transaction ?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you did not add an address in the note or comment field as you are sending F&Fpayment, there is no address.  Did she get the address off Depop, ya think?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

andyshanebrian
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know how she would of got it from DEPOP though, I'm hoping, I'm just waiting for her to get back to me. I am freaking out now. Thanks for getting back to me what do you think I should do next I am waiting for PayPal to open at 0800am and I am going to call them
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ask her what address she shipped to.  If the address is wrong, she will need to intercept the package asap at the post office:

https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm

Login to Me Too

andyshanebrian
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I've wrote to her, I can't believe how stupid I was for doing this, my head just wasn't with it when I was doing it. she sent it via second class post as well so there is no tracker number. Is there away I could speak with the branch it was sent through because there is a session ID on the receipt thanks again
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

By all means, try talking to the branch post.  Yeah, gots to be vigilant these days.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

And you do realize that you have no buyer protection for sending a personal payment for goods, right?  She could have made some kind of bogus mailing to get a receipt and you would receive nothing.

Login to Me Too

andyshanebrian
Contributor
Contributor
I feel so stupid. She has a full DEPOP page where she sells etc, I will hang fire until she gets back. I'll need to get the person reported if she is scamming because there is probably daft people out there like me getting scammed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.