PayPal took money out of my Checking

kflohr
Contributor
Contributor

That's right... I attempted to use my PayPal credit account and the increase in credit limit was not approved. So, instead of ASKING me to authorize to use another payment method, they just took it upon themselves to take it from my checking account. I made a claim through the site, and because they don't want to disclose their phone number, I was forced to use their site. Of course they don't have a category of this nature, so I was forced to use a category that closely fit the description. It was of course denied. Now my checking is $275 short and despite having what I paid for, I would not have made the purchase unless I could've gotten the promotional financing. I would've simply waiting a few months and paid cash for it. 

During the transaction, the PayPal site went blank a few times and then said my transaction was approved. I thought "great! I got the financing option i wanted." Then, AFTER it went through, I got notification that I was not approved for the financing and that they used my checking for my convenience, as though they were doing me a favor. I never authorized them to use my checking. I need this rectified and I want to pursue some sort of action if they continue to refuse.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's the way PPC works.  You should always maintain sufficient backup funds for cases like this.

If you need more information, then make a phone call to PayPal and ask for help.

Login to Me Too

kflohr
Contributor
Contributor

@DPCreations wrote:

That's the way PPC works.  You should always maintain sufficient backup funds for cases like this.

If you need more information, then make a phone call to PayPal and ask for help.

Not true. Prior to them increasing my credit limit, it would not let the transaction go through and it would ask for another form of payment. I would also get an email notifying me of this. I have used paypal for several years and have several hundred transactions. I have plenty of experience with how it works, and this is not what it is supposed to do. I already checked to see if there was a setting in my preferences that automatically, without my consent, withdraws money from my checking account in the event a PayPal Credit transaction is denied. There is no such setting.

And it is not a matter of how much money I have in my account. I have plenty. It is a matter of principle. They did not request authorization for THIS transaction to use my checking account like they have for EVERY other transaction. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.