PayPal lies to me twice, 2 different agents and I lose $850.

kindasketch
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

Here is my Short Story of how great of a company PayPal really is (Sarcasm) 

Purchased some camera equipment off a Professional Film Community Forum. It shipped from Canada (I'm in Los Angeles). It came defective ughhh the headaches are coming.  I contacted seller right away and provided videos through YouTube of the problem.

#1. Dispute put in. Seller stalled the case out for nearly a week trying to get me to troubleshoot the product with the manufacture. I just wanted my money back at this point. 

#2. Case was escalated and I was told that I'm responsible to ship the item back. At this point the Seller stopped communicating with me. Pretty typical... 

#3. I have about 3 days to ship the item back to the seller no problem. I get shipping quotes for 25lbs going to Canada nearly $175.00 bummer. I asked the seller if he could help out with the shipping. Yea right...

#4. I was desperate and contacted PayPal to see if I can get any help shipping the item back before I take a hit. The agent I had told me he would put the case on hold and reach out to the seller but no guarantees. He told me to wait 72 hours and not to ship the item back yet. 

#5. I'm waiting no problem. Next morning not even 24 hours later I get a email saying that the disputed was closed out. But wait didn't that agent tell me 72 hours and not to do anything? 

"Our records indicate that you never responded to requests for additional
information about this claim. This claim has been cancelled, we hope that
you have worked out this situation amicably with your seller."

#6. WOAH WHAT? I contact PayPal appeals to figure out what happened. Appeal 1 lost... I find it hard to believe someone in PayPals back office even looked into this appeal just automatically deny. 

#7. I contact PayPal Appeals. I need answers! This time the agent seemed confident to help me out and getting this squared away. Great! TY Sir.

#8. Appeal 2 denied pretty quickly. Great work PayPal!!

#9. Appeal 3... 3rd times is a charm right? This time PayPal Agent told me they would investigate this thoroughly and listen to the conversation I had with the first agent from #5 ^ up top. If the agent was found in the wrong (Telling me he would put the case on hold and to wait 72 hours) I would get a full credit back from PayPal due to an Agent Error. Great because I totally trusted this agents word. At the end of the day I just wanted to return this junk I received and move on. 

#10. Agent was not found in error of course... Apparently PayPal didn't lie once. And I have to go to my bank now to file a claim... Blows me away this happens to people.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.