PayPal debit not working!

MichaelChancey
New Community Member

I live in Delta, Ohio and my debit card is being declined!  I have been on hold for 45 min now!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

DobieG
New Community Member

Northern Ohio here....having same issue.  Fix it soon, please!  I've got Christmas shopping to do! LOL 🙂

Login to Me Too

cygnusjen

I had the same problem!  Needed to get gas this morning and my card was declined at the pump.  😞   I have been on hold for 1 hour and 40 minutes so far....  in Cincinnati

Login to Me Too

cygnusjen

Ok I am being told by customer service that there was a system update occurring, and it has been completed and everything should be working now.  I will find out shortly when I try to buy gas again!

Login to Me Too

SSat

I've had my PayPal debit card for years, and have been using it as my primary form of payment for over a year with zero issues, ever. About two weeks ago, my card got declined at a restaurant (even though it's linked to my bank account, which had more than enough to cover the charge). Since then, it's been getting declined almost every time I try to use it -- either in person or online. One of my bills is set to auto-renew using my PayPal card, and that got declined and almost cost me a late fee. I emailed customer support and they told me to transfer money from my linked bank accounts into my PayPal account, as a way to re-authorize the bank accounts. I did that and it didn't do anything to stop the declines. For the past two days, every single attempt to use the card has been declined. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seems like it's time for an urgen phone call to PayPal so you get it resolved quickly.

Login to Me Too

SSat

Update: Called PayPal and they told me that even after $29,000 worth of transactions and over a year of excellent standing with my PayPal card, with one rejection from my linked bank account, that all goes out the window and I have to "rebuild my relationship" with PayPal by making regular deposits into my PayPal account from my linked checking account. They claim that after doing this for a while, I'll be able to go back to just using my PayPal card at-will, even with a zero balance, and it will go back to drawing straight from my bank account.

HOWEVER,

I called my bank to confirm this supposed rejection a couple weeks ago, and they said no, that there was no decline or rejected attempt on my account, and that I've had enough to cover any incoming charges before or since then, including recently for all the charges that have been getting declined by PayPal. My bank says that from their POV, nothing should be affecting my ability to use my PayPal card.

Something seems fishy, here. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.