PayPal credit preferred payment method issue

MIrish13
New Community Member
This question pertains to a PayPal Credit LINE, NOT a PayPal Credit card.. Here is an example scenario of the issue I have encountered: Let's say I have a NEW PayPal credit line for $800.00 I have always had my bank account and debit card tied to my PayPal account. PayPal credit is now listed as my "Preferred Method of payment" on my account PayPal account and I set my bank account and debit card as "alternative forms of payment". I have always paid my monthly rent through PayPal for the past 6 years, and used my Bank Account for payment. Rent is $875.00. I read through everything, and it was my understanding that since I had the $800.00 credit line set as preferred payment method, I could submit a single transaction for $875.00; my thinking was that the $800.00 from Credit would be used first...Then, since I didn't have the 75.00 in credit, it would use my bank account for any remaining balance I was trying to pay. The whole point was to use two sources for 1 single transaction. Instead, this was what happened: My transaction was declined, and I received a Denial notification & email saying I was not eligible for a Credit increase at this time. I didn't ASK for an increase. It turned out I had to make 2 transactions. The first for $800 from credit, and the 2nd from my bank for $75. It took some explaining to my landlord why he had something different after all these years. I eventually received a snail mail letter stating that my recent request for a Credit increase was denied and that my account will be reviewed in the future...why? Questions: has anyone else seen this?did i do something wrong? Is this type of transaction even possible? I didn't ask for an increase...and I feel like it may reflect poorly on my account. It is set up to "auto select" payment sources and won't allow me to assign amounts to sources on my own...or am I missing something? Meaning, I would like to know how to tell the PayPal App / website to take 800 from here, and 75 from there and pay 1 person...I thought it WAS set up that way, but it didnt work, and rent is due again soon! I just wanted to pay rent in 1 transaction if possible!! Any help or shared experience story or simple "fix" information would be greatly appreciated!!
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.