PayPal button for a personal site?

metrodx
Contributor
Contributor

I am the treasurer for a small club with a personal account and would like to add a PayPal button to our web site for the payment of dues. Is this possible?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Yes - you can create item buttons for you site with a Personal Account - this link will get you started.  

Notes:

You can create item buttons with a Personal account however, there are limitations:
You cannot save the button code to the Paypal servers or your account.
You cannot create an email URL text link.
You cannot create shipping methods or tax tables.
You cannot track inventory or profit and loss.
You cannot customize the checkout screens or display a logo and you don't have the option of any advanced features.
You cannot create an active recurring or subscription item button.

A Business account has all of those features and more so if you need any of the above features, then you will need a Business Account.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Yes - you can create item buttons for you site with a Personal Account - this link will get you started.  

Notes:

You can create item buttons with a Personal account however, there are limitations:
You cannot save the button code to the Paypal servers or your account.
You cannot create an email URL text link.
You cannot create shipping methods or tax tables.
You cannot track inventory or profit and loss.
You cannot customize the checkout screens or display a logo and you don't have the option of any advanced features.
You cannot create an active recurring or subscription item button.

A Business account has all of those features and more so if you need any of the above features, then you will need a Business Account.

Login to Me Too

metrodx
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I'll try it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.