PayPal admits that I didn't receive the item I purchased, but won't refund me?..

taehwanjo
Contributor
Contributor

I literally received nothing in exchange for the $365 charge on my PayPal statement. PayPal attempted to contact the seller but the seller was unresponsive. Despite this, PayPal refuses to refund me the $365 charge - Why?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@taehwanjo

How did you pay? Which option did you use or did you pay an invoice or go via a checkout?

How did you FUND that paypal payment, bank transfer or a card.

Did you open a dispute?

Did you escalate it to a claim? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

taehwanjo
Contributor
Contributor

I just talked to PayPal customer support on the phone and I am happy to report that they finally gave me back my $365! 

I truly believed that I was about to embark on a multi-year long legal battle and spend tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars in order to get my $365 back. The rage and adrenaline were coursing through my veins, my hand trembling as I held the phone up to my ear, but the support rep I spoke to was surprisingly helpful and friendly and processed my refund without much hassle. Maybe I just got lucky talking to someone competent and reasonable, but my entire view of PayPal changed as a result of this one phone call. I really thought PayPal was some sort of evil criminal enterprise but now in retrospect that just seems silly. At worst they might have especially incompetent people answering their online support tickets, but the people answering the phone are within the realm of normalcy. 

Despite the positive outcome I can't help but feel a sense of loss as I close the book on this chapter of my life. So much of my identity was defined by my hatred for PayPal, and now that I no longer have reason to hate PayPal, I'm left wanting for something to fill the void. Who was I before PayPal stole $365 of my money? I can't remember. But I must rediscover myself and find new passions to pursue. I must leave the past behind and forge ahead toward the future and all its endless possibilities. Maybe I should volunteer at a soup kitchen.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.