PayPal Refund Not Appearing

ajaxburger
New Community Member

I had an unauthorized purchase on eBay using my PayPal acount, I got in contact and resolved the case and recieved an email about an hour ago saying it would be refunded to my PayPal balance. I see the +$101.90 in my account but I don't see it on my balance.

It was charged to a card on my account and after the purchase was made I removed that debit card from my account for security. My worry is that it transfered the balance to one of the old cards on my account as the money is not on my current (working) card. The one that is currently on my account, I could not remove as it said "This payment method cannot be removed yet. You are using it for a Preapproved Payment that needs to be updated or deleted first. Just go to your Preapproved Payments."

If it did pay back to the inactive card, what can I do to get the money? As I said before the card is old and no longer tied to a debit account. Is this even an issue or does it take some time for the balance to update? I'm just confused because in my recent activity it shows the transfer as a +$101.90.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Emresuner
New Community Member
I have the same problem. I got a refund on a product and it shows on my activity, but not on my balance. I want to be able to withdraw it to my bank account but there's no option to. Would be glad if someone could assist.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi friends, @ajaxburger and @Emresuner! 🙂

Thanks for dropping by the PayPal Community Help Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you've both had a little trouble locating refunds and I'll be happy to help!

Money is refunded according to the funding source that was used to complete the original payment. 

If the initial purchase was completed with a card, the refund will be completed to the same card. PayPal makes every effort to ensure that refunds to cards are processed in a timely manner. The vast majority of refunds will appear on the card account within 2-5 business days. Depending on how quickly the bank processes the refund, it may take up to 30 days for you to see the refund reflected on your card balance.

If the initial purchase was completed with a bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to the PayPal account. If a bank was used and the bank transfer is not yet complete, a temporary hold will be placed on the refund amount. Once the funds have cleared from the bank and are received by PayPal, the temporary hold will be released and the funds will be available in your PayPal balance. After the refund is received in the PayPal balance, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account.

I hope this helps to clarify how refunds work! Please let me know if you have questions!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Kat7718
New Community Member

I bought an item on ebay paid by paypal.
Unfortunately, the item was damaged and the seller had to give me money back  on paypal. The account shows +329.99 GBP but does not have this money in the account balance. It's been 4 days. How long I have to wait?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.