PayPal REFUND SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY BROKEN!

dbpUSA
Contributor
Contributor

I am starting this thread to hopefully get the word out and to receive status updates on PayPal's broken refund system. Long story short: I sold an item on ebay yesterday. Due to inventory isssues I couldn't fullfill the order today. I tried to send a refund. Ebay said PayPal couldn't complete the refund and to try to send the refund from PayPal. I tried to send a refund at PayPal. PayPal said it couldn't send a refund because problems with buyer's card. I contacted PayPal to find what the problem was as obviously the card was fine to send payment from just yesterday. PayPal informed me the problem wasn't the buyers card it was that PayPal's refund system is broken. PayPal estimates the problem will be fixxed sometime this weekend. This problem is a huge issue for seller's using PayPal and needs to be corrected as soon as possible. Does anyone else have info to share on this problem or know more about when the problem will be corrected?

Below are images of the problem pages at ebay and payal.

ebay problem no personal.JPG

paypal problem no personal.JPG

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dbpUSA
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out you were right. I contacted paypal tech support for more info and they found the buyer used a guest account with a card that doesn't accept refunds. SO in addition to a refund glitch at paypal right now the buyers account and card are at issue.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

ShiraYuki
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I'm guessing the buyer used a prepaid card to make the payment that's why they're having problem refunding the money back.
Login to Me Too

dbpUSA
Contributor
Contributor

Well PayPal said they can't refund anything right now. I would find it hard to beleive they couldn't refund regardless of whether a card is standard or prepaid. Does paypal accept prepaid cards even? If they do and can't refund them that is problem that needs to be solved by paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

dbpUSA
Contributor
Contributor

It turns out you were right. I contacted paypal tech support for more info and they found the buyer used a guest account with a card that doesn't accept refunds. SO in addition to a refund glitch at paypal right now the buyers account and card are at issue.

Login to Me Too

gbp
Contributor
Contributor

The glitch is still there. Still cannot send a refund thru the "refund the buyer" process. Technical diffulculties is what the message shows. Been 2 weeks now. I have just been sending the refunds using their email addy and the send money to friends and family button.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If this is an inventory problem,cant you resolve the inventory problem and then ship when it is resolved?

When you cancel an order due to not in stock,Ebay frown on it?

Some Ebay seller was recently restricted from selling due to out of stock 5 times !

So Ebay is keeping track of how many times a seller is out of stock relative to how much they sell 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.