PayPal Credit question-payment options?

bassman8416
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am new to paypal Credit and I wondering if I can use it on any transaction when an invoice is sent, or does the seller have to offer that as an option.

thank you

Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The seller doesn't have to specifically offer it.  If they use PayPal to accept payments, the capability is already there.  Now the question is whether PayPal gives the buyer the option to use it during checkout.  Not all payment methods may be available for use and depends on the circumstances of your purchase and history with PayPal and PayPal Credit.  Since you are new to PayPal Credit, their risk and security models may prevent you from using it.  The best approach is to simply choose from the payment methods available to you at check out rather than expecting to use a particular method on the outset.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If $1,500 is ok for a purchase PayPal Credit will be offered at time of purchase.

You will not know until you are ready for checkout.  If you meet all of the security and risk parameters at time of purchase, the PayPal Credit offer will be an option; if it isn't, then you don't qualify.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are given the option to use PayPal Credit and buy an item that exceeds your PayPal Credit limit, PayPal will instantly review your acct to see if you qualify for an increase to cover your purchase.  If declined, they will email you why.  This instant review is done during checkout. The process won't affect your credit report and won't cost you any fees or penalties for trying.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The seller doesn't have to specifically offer it.  If they use PayPal to accept payments, the capability is already there.  Now the question is whether PayPal gives the buyer the option to use it during checkout.  Not all payment methods may be available for use and depends on the circumstances of your purchase and history with PayPal and PayPal Credit.  Since you are new to PayPal Credit, their risk and security models may prevent you from using it.  The best approach is to simply choose from the payment methods available to you at check out rather than expecting to use a particular method on the outset.

Login to Me Too

bassman8416
Contributor
Contributor

Just a somewhat related question. I have $1500 limit with Paypal credit. So if I m ake a purchase for $1500 on Ebay...I should be ok'd at time of payment ? If its more thatn $1500 I may or may not be declined...correct?

I appreciate your time and help.

Craig

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If $1,500 is ok for a purchase PayPal Credit will be offered at time of purchase.

You will not know until you are ready for checkout.  If you meet all of the security and risk parameters at time of purchase, the PayPal Credit offer will be an option; if it isn't, then you don't qualify.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you are given the option to use PayPal Credit and buy an item that exceeds your PayPal Credit limit, PayPal will instantly review your acct to see if you qualify for an increase to cover your purchase.  If declined, they will email you why.  This instant review is done during checkout. The process won't affect your credit report and won't cost you any fees or penalties for trying.

Login to Me Too

sethstad
New Community Member

If my credit limit does not cover the total cost of a product, and I want to avoid the process of either being approved or denied, can I use the full credit option, and pay the rest through a secondary payment option (credit card)?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No.   You use PayPal Credit for the entire puchase price.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you select PayPal Credit to pay, PayPal will either approve or deny to increase your credit line on the spot to cover entire purchase.  Or you can use another method of payment altogether and not select PayPal Credit to pay.  No split payments on credit products.  Only on PayPal Balances.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.