PayPal Credit 6-Month to Pay

thyname
New Community Member

Hi,

Just used for the first time PayPal Credit to pay for a purchase. 

Question:

Do I automatically get the 6-months to pay promo offer, or do I have to ask for it?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The 6 month no interest deal is offered at checkout for qualifying purchases. If not, it would be a standard charge, or if offered, Easy Payments or Financed Easy Payments promo.  You need to spend over $99 bucks on a purchase, excluding shipping, etc for the 6 month no interest deal.

So, when you check out with PayPal and choose PayPal Credit, look for special financing offers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

thyname
New Community Member

OK. The key word is "qualifying purchases". Can you please tell me what a qualifying purchase is, and how do I know whether it is such?

This was a purchase of $2K from a message board / forum member / individual. Not a real merchant. An individual, just like me.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry, can't really say.  If special financing is not available for your purchase at time of payment it is either not a qualifying purchase or the recipient is not a participant in the offer.  

Nor do the available PayPal Credit documentation say what the qualification is, other than spending over $99 on an individual purchase or multiple purchases of over $99.  Excluding shipping and tax.  And that PayPal Credit is available at store and online retailers.  Makes no mention of random users selling privately.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.