PayPal Balance

Izzyrng

I'm a first time user on PayPal since I didn't have access to a debit card when I was younger. I am really upset over how hard it is to add money to the PayPal balance because I want to be able to instantly send money so that my friends don't have to wait days before getting it. I called customer service and for 15 minutes I was simply told that the security was holding me back and was recommended to just use my bank account instead. That is not a solution! That is avoiding the issue and I really am losing faith in PayPal because the whole point of it being online was so that you could have something sent instantly, or that's at least what I thought in my mind. Below is the error I get for trying to withdraw money from my bank account to my PayPal balance.

As the picture to the right says no balance is needed, it actually is if I want to send something instantly, as that is the only option on this site that is instantaneous. And when I try to transfer money to my PayPal balance on the mobile app I do not get any confirmation receipt or email so I have no idea if that's working either. Very disappointed overall considering how big and popular PayPal is. 

afiadfong.pngimage.png

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Izzyrng

If you have a debit or credit card linked to your paypal account then you don't need to 'add' funds to your paypal balance.

If you send someone money then the payment will be instant (more or less) to the recipient and deducted directly from your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Izzyrng

@kernowlass wrote:

@Izzyrng

If you have a debit or credit card linked to your paypal account then you don't need to 'add' funds to your paypal balance.

If you send someone money then the payment will be instant (more or less) to the recipient and deducted directly from your funding source.

@kernowlass I did send money to someone with debit and it says it takes a day for the payment. That's nowhere close to instant

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Izzyrng

Max is 2 hours to hit their paypal account.

In 10 years of buying and selling using paypal the longest i have waited is 2 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Izzyrng

@kernowlass It's been 4 hours and the recipient told me just now that it is still pending I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Izzyrng

So they have received it but its pending, that is a different thing altogether.

It can be pending for many reasons, how did you send the money and was it payment for goods or sending money to a friend.

Did you use the send money > goods / services option OR send money > friends / family??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Izzyrng

@kernowlass I don't remember, is there a way I can check this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Izzyrng

It would say 'money sent' if it was a friends / family payment and 'payment' if you sent it for goods.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Izzyrng

@kernowlass It says payment, I guess I did the wrong one?

Login to Me Too

Izzyrng

@kernowlass It says payment in my email but money sent in PayPal? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.