Pay after delivery shows active but doesn’t show as an option

Sherri2
Contributor
Contributor

I use pay after delivery all the time.  I always pay early and have never not paid it.  There has never been any problem with me paying it.  A week ago I had to update my debit card info, and today when I went to pay for somthing I saw that the debit card was preferred.  I didn’t do that.  I always have my bank account preferred.  So I changed it to my bank account being preferred and checked to see if pay after delivery was still active, it is.   So later today I went to use PayPal and PAD is not available.  I tried at several different merchants.  These are online stores I shop at every month and always buy pretty much the same thing-Cosmetics and bath and body products.  I’ve always use PAD just fine at these online stores. I’ve been using PAD at theses stores for over a year.  Today the option for PAD isn’t there at these stores.  I don’t have any PAD pending currently and haven’t tried to use it this past week and a half.  I don’t know if updating my card and then the preferred method thing was a glitch or coincidence.   

From what I’ve read online it seems like sometimes PAD works and sometimes not for no apparent reason.  Just thought I’d post this in case I missed something and someone can help.  

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

hannas_dad
Contributor
Contributor

It would be really nice if when they are having problems, that there was a notification sent out.  Instead of just making people wonder what is going on.  I use the PAD option all the time and when I have been trying to pay for my auctions, it is not even showing up as an option.  Being in good standing, this **bleep** me off as I would have waited to make the purchases.  You can't even get them to answer questions.  Really bad customer service.

Login to Me Too

Sherri2
Contributor
Contributor

I absolutely agree with you! The not letting us know what is going on is worse then having a glitch in my opinion.  I understand glitches, that happens to everything.  PayPal is always sending out advertising emails, they certainly could send out “we are having technical difficulties...”. Emails.  

It is really hard to get an answer from customer service too.  Most of the representatives I’ve ever talked to don’t have enough knowledge to help.  In addition to that, I have a hard time understanding them because they have accents.  I can barely speak English and they speak two languages so that is not a slight on anyone except myself.  The older I get the more things don’t work any more so it’s probably my ears.  

I’m in several Facebook group for different Cosmetics and they all seem to be launching new collections this week.  This one particular one has a post in it where people are talking about PAD and how they can’t use it, trying to figure out why, etc.  The amount of time a simple email from PayPal would have save everyone in just that one post is probably high. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.