Pay after delivery shows active but doesn’t show as an option

Sherri2
Contributor
Contributor

I use pay after delivery all the time.  I always pay early and have never not paid it.  There has never been any problem with me paying it.  A week ago I had to update my debit card info, and today when I went to pay for somthing I saw that the debit card was preferred.  I didn’t do that.  I always have my bank account preferred.  So I changed it to my bank account being preferred and checked to see if pay after delivery was still active, it is.   So later today I went to use PayPal and PAD is not available.  I tried at several different merchants.  These are online stores I shop at every month and always buy pretty much the same thing-Cosmetics and bath and body products.  I’ve always use PAD just fine at these online stores. I’ve been using PAD at theses stores for over a year.  Today the option for PAD isn’t there at these stores.  I don’t have any PAD pending currently and haven’t tried to use it this past week and a half.  I don’t know if updating my card and then the preferred method thing was a glitch or coincidence.   

From what I’ve read online it seems like sometimes PAD works and sometimes not for no apparent reason.  Just thought I’d post this in case I missed something and someone can help.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LavishCash
Contributor
Contributor

I put a call into PayPal yesterday and it took them a while to get back to me and explain the problem. As of yesterday their is a glitch in their system and people were having money immediately debited from their accounts even after using the Pay After Delivery feature. According to the Pay Pal rep I spoke with, the system would be down for as long as 48 hours and they were working on a fix. This was as of 5:45 pm EST last night. That's why the option isn't showing up when checking out on Ebay, Etsy and other indpendent retailers. I've tried to use the option a few times this morning and it doesn't appear to be fixed. Hold off on your purchases for a while would be my only suggestion. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

My3kitties
Contributor
Contributor

I went thru this too.  Most were eBay purchases, from several different sellers.  I find it odd that PAD was not offered on any of them. 
I know some sellers don't offer it, but every purchase I've made on eBay today did not offer the PAD option.

Login to Me Too

Sherri2
Contributor
Contributor

Mine wasn’t on eBay.  I hardly buy on eBay lately.  What gets me is that this is happening on sites I’ve used PAD before.  For the same products too.  I know not to trust PAD which is why wouldn’t use it to pay for an eBay auction.  If PAD doesn’t show up, I don’t go through with a purchase.  (A regular purchase from an online store. Not something I’ve committed to buying.) 

Login to Me Too

Tone74
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue with most the sites I go to. Customer service said the system selects and I might have to many. I explained I just bought the same thing two days ago and have had many more purchases and higher amount. They said the same thing again the system chooses I was like thanks for no real explanations.
Login to Me Too

Sherri2
Contributor
Contributor

In the limited search I did, that type of response from PayPal seems to be typical.  That’s why I’m not bothering to call them.  There is no reason other than maybe some computer thing.   Even if there was a reason, the chances of actually getting to talk to someone who knows what they are doing is remote.   There is no reason for the option not to show for mine.  

@Tone74 wrote:
I had the same issue with most the sites I go to. Customer service said the system selects and I might have to many. I explained I just bought the same thing two days ago and have had many more purchases and higher amount. They said the same thing again the system chooses I was like thanks for no real explanations.

Login to Me Too

My3kitties
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  The reps are as clueless as can be.  😞 

Guess we'll just have to sit and wait for PP to fix it.

Login to Me Too

Sherri2
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday in a Facebook group I’m a member of I found out that lots and lots of people are currently having the same issue of PAD not being available.  PAD is kind of short term loans. Maybe PayPal ran out of money because of the BF shopping.  I was kind of relieved it hadn’t happened to just me.  Also gives me hope that maybe it will come back at some point. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

good possibility,Paypal manages its daily cashflow,this time of the year,it may feel it has overextended itself,besides pad,THERE is also working capital loans.

Login to Me Too
Solved

LavishCash
Contributor
Contributor

I put a call into PayPal yesterday and it took them a while to get back to me and explain the problem. As of yesterday their is a glitch in their system and people were having money immediately debited from their accounts even after using the Pay After Delivery feature. According to the Pay Pal rep I spoke with, the system would be down for as long as 48 hours and they were working on a fix. This was as of 5:45 pm EST last night. That's why the option isn't showing up when checking out on Ebay, Etsy and other indpendent retailers. I've tried to use the option a few times this morning and it doesn't appear to be fixed. Hold off on your purchases for a while would be my only suggestion. 

Login to Me Too

Sherri2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help!    Hoping it comes back soon! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.