Pay Pal sent me an email saying they are parting ways with me

maxspaz
Contributor
Contributor

I am disabled, I have MS.... My body is to the point that I can't walk, shower by myself, go to the bathroom, get out of bed, get in bed, Etc

I am on SSDI!!!! I do have an agency that comes in 7 days a week but the insurance will only pay for 4 hours a day. So that's 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening, except for wednesday i get an extra hour so someone can help me take a shower and the 3rd of every month I get 2 extra hours because thats when I get paid so they can pay bills and grocery shop. So Someone come in at 7am, they undress me, take off my diaper, gives me a sponge bath,puts diaper on, dresses me, helps me in my wheel chair. From there I go into bathroom brush my hair the best I can, and brush my teeth. While I am doing that the caregiver is making me breakfast, coffee, and setting up my table (orange juice, water with ice, remote to TV, and laptop) So I come out and she transfer me to my recliner. I sit there drink some coffee, watch some news. She then brings me my breakfast, while I am eating. She is making the bed, cleans up the kitchen, vacuums, sit and talks to me, and any other housekeeping she can get done then leaves at 9am. So from 9am I am sitting there in my recliner, in a diaper, stuck there until the evening caregiver comes over which is at 5pm. She makes me dinner, talks to me, tries to do some laundry, I eat dinner while she cleans up the kitchen, then when she done I am being transferred into wheel chair. I wheel myself to the bathroom brush my teeth, wash my face and wait for her to come and then I am transferred into bed my clothes are removed, diaper removed, another sponge bath, diaper back on, P.J. on... She finish laundry makes sure I have ice water in reach, and now it 7pm and its time for her to leave. So fill in the pieces!!!

So one day I was searching the internet and trying to find something that I could work from home and make money. So I found something that I could write papers for high school students, college students, resume, cover letters, etc.... So I used pay pal to invoice them when I was done, they received finish project by email and I would be paid. The extra income help pay out of pocket for a caregiver to come over in between the day caregiver and night caregiver that insurance was paying for. But it still left the night, I am put to bed by 6-6:30pm and stay there all night until 7-7:30am. Even if I wasn't tired I had no choice. So I research again and I started a web site, on there I put all the things I can do from what I mention to ghostwriting. So I just finish my first ghostwriting job, I help a lady put a short story together through emails and telephone calls. So I took her vision, words, concept, idea's, what she wanted to write about and put it into a manuscript to give to publishers hoping to have her story told. So I used Pay Pal, invoiced her my price which was $3,500 which is well below the asking price of any other ghostwriter, (research if you have to) so she was satisfied with my work and paid the $3,500 after pay pal takes there fee it was $3,300. I was told that it would be on hold for 21 days, then received an email that my account is frozen, then later that day received an email that pay pal is going to part way. So I called Jennifer and Vivian said that they don't feel comfortible and they deceidedto close my account. Never really received a reason, I tried to explain why is was such a large amount. But they wouldn't listen and said the decision has been made. I tried talking to them (supervisors) but still I was just getting madder so I ask to talk to their boss and was told they don't have one. They make the final decisions. So I asked them okay when will it be ready, I was told 180 days. Now I am really mad because I did nothing wrong and they couldn't explain any more than pay pal is uncomfortible. So what can I do? I was using that money to get a night caregiver so I am not sitting all night in a diaper, and so I can shower more than once a week. Am I wrong? I want to report them but I don't know who. Should I contact the legal team for pay pal? Or do I have a case to get a lawyer amd sue?   Any suggestion.... Oh before I forget the very next day I received an email from pay pal letting me know the money was refunded. Again, don't know why!!! Any suggestions on how to get my money back and have it in a reasonable amount of time.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maxspaz

Suggest you ask the buyer if they will pay you another way than paypal eg send you a check in the post etc.

As for paypal they don't have to provide you with a service if they don't want to as they can say what customers they will or won't have so seeing a lawyer i don't think can help you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Since you are a new seller, the account was subject to funds availability hold up to 21 days.  In the meantime, PayPal reviewed account for safety and acceptable use--like, why is this new account getting this fairly sizable amount as the first payment and limited the account.  I presume you told PayPal the purpose on the phone.  PayPal reviewed the purpose you are accepting PayPal for and decided it is too high risk to the point that they even refunded the money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

maxspaz
Contributor
Contributor
I have been with pay pal for 2 years, I have accepted payments from other people that I would write papers for, resume, cover letter. Depending on what it was it was between $100 to $350 dollar payments. So I expanded and went into something deeper. Received my first ghostwriting job, worked on it for months and I sent an invoice. The person paid, in 2 days it went from holding for 21 days to we are parting ways to the refunded the money back to the person to pay me. So I don't know how I was doing something wrong. And if that the case of them parting ways with me why couldn't they tell me. Also I did explain what I was doing and said what if I get another job such as this and instead of 1 invoice I can send after certain parts are completed and make it lower so maybe 4-5 invoice to the same person over a period of time for my time and effort. Who can I talk to about this???? I don't understand why they would refund the money....
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There's more than just the dollar amount.  There is the origination of the funds, the destination of the funds.  PayPal even considers the person making the payment; if there was something suspicious about how that person received funds it would impact on your account.  Dealing with the wrong buyers will close your acocunt.  How funds  are managed after you receive them can also have an impact.  You would need to look at all the details of your business activities with PayPal.

For now, though, it's too late.

Login to Me Too

maxspaz
Contributor
Contributor
So even though I have been with them for 2 years and have done business and every other time I was paid I didn't make a fuss and waited the 21 days. Now all of a sudden they part ways with me because the dollar amount. Why couldn't they tell me that and why couldn't I change, from 1 invoice when I am done with the project or 4-5 invoice to same person as I am completing the project. Also what right do they have to refund the money to the person who paid me. She didn't dispute it. I open pay pal, because I thought it was a safe way to do business, I can make invoices, track who has paid and who hasn't. That way I am not giving out bank information, having them deposit into my account, I don't have a credit card machine, and I didn't want to wait on a check. So what do I do now? Leave it alone?? Or is there someone I could talk to??
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't think it was just the dollar amount.  There's more to it than just dollars.  PayPal looks at all aspects of the sale and the business.  PayPal determined that the risk was too high and that relates to the business and transactions not just th dollar amount.  I suppose if you had sold a phyical item for the same dollar amount there would have been no problem.  High amount for a service (virtual item) with no tracking to show delivery makes it very high risk of loss in case of an item not delivered dispute.  There were likely other issues.

When the risk is high for loss to PayPal, it means abrupt closure with no recourse.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could be the kind of service you provided?

what kind of ghost writing story?

who and where is this lady?

how did she pay and who else is she paying?

I would suggest you find another way to accept paypment,check is good,money order is cheap buying in a grocery store and applying for merchant account ,take a look at Paypal alternatives like Propay.

digital goods,services have no tracking,your customers can file item no received .  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.