Pay After Delivery

trf616
Contributor
Contributor

I have used the Pay After Delivery option for quite a while and really, really liked it.  Due to the Pay After Delivery option, I find myself using Ebay and Pay Pay on other sites far more than I normally would.  However, several of my latest purchases have taken longer than 10 days to be delivered, even though I only order from locations in the United States.  I would like to ask that PayPal reconsider the 10 day policy and go back to the prior 14 day policy.  If it takes longer than 10 days for an item to be delivered, the "Pay After Delivery" function is pretty much useless.  I guess I will go back to buying a pre-paid Visa card for my online purchases. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@trf616

PAD has nothing to do with the sellers, they are still paid anyway in advance (the same as always) as no seller would send an item before being paid first.

Paypal just offers you a short interest free loan of 10 days before your payment is deducted and in that time your item 'should' have been delivered.

But I wouldn't worry about it as PAD in the U.S is being stopped from 28th February anyway.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

USPS first class mail and Priority mail usually are delivered within ten days.due to weather problem in many parts of the country,there are delays,our local post office did not deliver mail for 2 days.

But if DP is correct,it is going to be phased out in February,then you dont have to worry whether it is 10 or 14 days.

use a credit card,you get 30 days  

Login to Me Too

trf616
Contributor
Contributor

I only order within the US.  There have been 2 items that I have ordered in the last month that have taken longer than 10 days to be delivered - did not have anything to do with the weather.  I'll just go back to using PayPal the old way.  I just liked the PAD because if there was a problem with the item I ordered, it felt like I had a little control.  If I got the item within the 10 days, I would go in and have it paid immediately. 

Login to Me Too

trf616
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, really?  Okay.  Not a problem.  I can just go back to using PayPal the old way, a debit card or a credit card.  

Thanks for the information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.