Pay After Delivery....

ceddyced
Contributor
Contributor

Im enrolled and it has never presented itself to me. I have been in good standing with Paypal since i joined in 2007 and i don't understand why the recommended me to sign up for a service i seem to never be able to use. HELP ME UNDERSTAND 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ceddyced

Firstly have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance recently?

Secondly why would you want to use it? It gives you no more buyer protection as your seller is still credited in advance by paypal, all it does is give you a few extra days (14) before paypal takes the funds to pay themselves back again. No seller would send an item before being paid and the seller does not even know you are using PAD.

Why not just fund your purchases with a c.c. that does give you a bit more buyer protection?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ceddyced
Contributor
Contributor
I have never had a negative balance or any recent bad transactions or transfers. Everything has been very squeaky on my account. And who would t want to pay for something later after it's been shipped. PayPal says they pay the seller now and then you pay in 14 (estimated time after you receive it). Sounds good to me
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAD is not always available,it couldbe the nature of the item,it could be you or it could be Paypal has extended enough credit for the day. 

Login to Me Too

theQueenofHallo
Contributor
Contributor

I have used Pay After Delivery in the past with no issue. Now it is never presented as an option for payment. I formerly used it on eBay and Petco. Again, there was no issue.

I want to know why this is never an option at check out and I really don't want the "sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't" standard answer that Paypal gives out.

There seems to be a flaw in the design of Pay After Delivery. After all, why would I sometimes be able to use it at Petco and now it can never be used? The explanations that Paypal offer are vague at best.

I have not been able to use this for MONTHS. It is activated in my account.

Honestly, Paypal invites its customers to use this feature and then this feature completely fails, with no suitable explanation from Paypal. This is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It could be Paypal has extended enough credit to its members and need a rest,Paypal extends credit to its member via credit card,PAD,buyer,seller protection,working capital,line of credit.

Paypal also reviews your standing,it has access to your credit activities,your credit worthiness etc.

It could also be what you are buying,not all products qualify.

if you dont like this sometimes it is there,sometimes not,then apply for a real credit card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.