Pay After Delivery not working

postmodernized
New Community Member

Hello, I recently activated Pay After Delivery and made a purchase. Now, a day later, I'm getting a notice from my bank saying that there is an ACH hold for that amount. This is going to overdraft my account, as I did not plan for this money to come out for two more weeks.

I would like an explanation as to why this does not work. I paid with my bank account, just like Pay After Delivery stipulates.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@postmodernized

Was the PAD option offered when you checked out to pay for the item?

If it was offered then did you select PAD?

Its not offered on every transaction and you can only select it when it is.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tiffaniey

I have the same question. It's not working for me either, but it used to with almost all the invoices I got. Then I was only able to use it with online websites and not personal invoices and now that option is not available to me anymore, even with websites I previously used it with. It's not a problem with my bank. It just stopped giving me that option with pp anymore.

Login to Me Too

tiffaniey

I have the same question. It's not working for me either, but it used to with almost all the invoices I got. Then I was only able to use it with online websites and not personal invoices and now that option is not available to me anymore, even with websites I previously used it with. It's not a problem with my bank. It just stopped giving me that option with pp anymore.

Login to Me Too

mantistoboggan
New Community Member

I had the same issue today, and I spent two hours on hold on customer service before anyone would help me. I chose the PAD option at checkout because it was available, and so I planned on those transaction payments being taken out two weeks later. Imagine my surprise when it was taken off immediately. I've used it before, several times, with no problem However when I called, the supervisor refused to transfer me any higher, I was told it was not an internal error though it clearly is, and that my debit card was the payment I chose. He only would have been able to help me had I taken screenshots of the checkout process, which seems unnecessary because the PAD can be declined after chosen, and screenshots would be crappy circumstantial evidence at best. Something needs to be done, because I'm out that money until my next paycheck. Customer service needs to be cleared out, ASAP. 

Login to Me Too

goatman8437
Contributor
Contributor

same here buy from same people a lot now cash only no 2 weeks what going on with it i can turn it on try to use it turns itself off there is a problem here that i see....

Login to Me Too

goatman8437
Contributor
Contributor
How come it just works every once in a while I know some of the places I buy from take it?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It is not the sellers,it is Paypal which decides not to offer PAD.

Sellers get paid no matter what,it is Paypal which sounds like tightening its credit offer.

question,what is to stop someone making PAD for 14 days and then close his bank account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.