Pay After Delivery is charging my card immediately

Raigne
New Community Member

For the last two weeks I have not been able to successfully use pay after delivery anywhere but on ebay. Some of these are places where I have used it without issue in the past. I select pay after delivery from the list of payment options, the confirmation of the payment type shows when my payment is being scheduled for, I am passed back to the merchant... and my card is charged immediately. It does not seem to matter if the merchant's shopping cart system collects more information after paypal passes me back or whether they collect all that first and just have me submit the order when I am returned.

I am reaching out to the forums out of desperation because all I have gotten from paypal email support are responses telling me it's only offered if a merchant accepts it as a form of payment (it is accepted, because the option was present), that pay after delivery is definitely active on my account (again, the option was present, and I selected it), that the card is charged because it's my default payment method (again, I didn't leave it on my default payment method, I changed it to PAD), all of which is fairly unhelpful and I am extremely frustrated.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem might be or how I might fix it? I have a policy of not spending money I can't pay right away, so it's not like it's causing me any problems outside of massive annoyance, but I would like to be able to use the feature again.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.