Pay After Delivery Not Available

esagucio

I know this has been asked many times. But why doesn't pay after delivery show up as an option? I have searched and read many posts about this issue. But I haven't found a solid answer other than it only random shows up or whatever. My account is verified and linked to my bank account. I do have it set as my preferred payment option but I don't see it when I try to checkout on an ebay item. Anyways I'd rather not deal with customer service if it's just going to be a hassle, so hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks...

Login to Me Too
301 REPLIES 301

harrisondrh2808
Contributor
Contributor

I believe Paypal sends you an email offering the option. I don't think you can apply for the option anywhere on Paypal's site. They sent me an email a few years back offering the option with a link to activate it. Search your email for messages from Paypal. You might have overlooked or ignored the offer if they sent you an email about it. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

happyhearts
New Community Member

I have used for months for my daughters wedding with no issues but now that I need the main stuff I can't use it on anything. Even venders that I have always used it on. Can you please explain this before I stop using paypal

Login to Me Too

meksbay
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that only some sellers participate in Pay After Delivery, but is there a way of searching who does offer this? I have not come across any transactions that will offer this option to me even though this is set as my preferred payment. I get reminder emails all the time to use this, but it seems as though no one participates in it!

Login to Me Too

Lex_Rollin

how do i know what purchases can be paid after delivery, nothing on ebay works?

Login to Me Too

LMT1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Erica,

I realize this is just echoing what everyone else is saying, but to tell us that an option will only be identified as available after the fact does not seem reasonable.  Why would PayPal offer a service to its customer base and not provide the information  that we need in order to utilize it.  If we are using PayPal more than likely we are using the service for an ebay transaction, often those transactions are ones where we are the winning bidder or have made a committment to buy and cannot retract or rescind our offer and, "Rolling the dice" on a "maybe this option from PayPal to pay after delivery" shows up is not good for the buyer or the seller.

Why would PayPal have such a bad business practice in place instead of identifying for all of us when and how it can or cannot be used.  Please have someone clarify what it is, how it is used, and,where we can get more information on it.  Otherwise the service is pretty much non-existent since most will not take a chance on it not working and run the risk of ruining our standing on ebay.

Hope you can shed a lot more light on this for us.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks, 

LMT

Login to Me Too

dadams7161
Contributor
Contributor
As i have stated in the past if you want to know if PAD will work for a item add it to your cart font do buy it now go through the cart checkout if you can use PAD it will show you can use it
Login to Me Too

LMT1
Contributor
Contributor

I am new to this forum dadams and while I appreciate any help out there, I really don't think it is necessary to jump down my throat for asking a question as a newcomer.  There are thousands of messages out here and I don't have the time or the inclination to search them all.  

@dadams7161 wrote:
As i have stated in the past if you want to know if PAD will work for a item add it to your cart font do buy it now go through the cart checkout if you can use PAD it will show you can use it

Next time I will skip the forums and just call custoer service.

Thanks anyway,

Login to Me Too

dadams7161
Contributor
Contributor
No i wasnt jumping on anybody sorry if it sounded that way i was just saying that i have said this many times in the past to everybody that is all i meant guess i used a poir choice b of words but i have said it many times trying to help. Paypal will not help. But like i was saying i see a lot of my words got autocorrected and mispelled. If you want to know if it is avaliable for a certain purchase add the item to your cart dont ever use the buy it now or your stuck buying it, use the cart check out and if PAD is avaliable it will show up when it ask you to confirm payment also dont let paypal employees lie to you they dont have the slightest idea how it works here is what i have found out, they will tell you the seller has to accept PAD before it can be used on their item they have told me this but that is a lie just to get you off the phone. I am a seller also and there is no option for a seller to accept or deny taking PAD as a payment option the paypal system decides what and when you use it. I know it is frustrating trying to get correct answers i use PAD myself and it went away and my checking account payment option went away paypal couldnt tell me why at all. I hope this has helped you but paypal cant gix it not being there oh and it doesnt let you use PAD to buy from sellers outside the USA
Login to Me Too

JWCash

That's not entirely accurate PayPal Erica. I have only been offered the pay after delivery option once. When I used it, I had a positive balance in my PayPal account, my bank account, and on my debit card attached to the account. 2-3 days after the purchase I received a message from the seller that my payment failed to process and canceled my order. Can anyone explain that?

@PayPal_Erica wrote:

Hi escagucio,

Sorry for the frustration this has caused for you. Regrettably Pay After Delivery is not available for all transactions. It will only appear as option for qualified purchases.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

-Erica

Login to Me Too

clos210
Contributor
Contributor
That's just the standard answer these reps say. They have no clue what is going on. My pay after delivery has been working flawlessly for over a year after all the trouble I was having with PAD.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.