Pay After Delivery Not Available

esagucio

I know this has been asked many times. But why doesn't pay after delivery show up as an option? I have searched and read many posts about this issue. But I haven't found a solid answer other than it only random shows up or whatever. My account is verified and linked to my bank account. I do have it set as my preferred payment option but I don't see it when I try to checkout on an ebay item. Anyways I'd rather not deal with customer service if it's just going to be a hassle, so hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks...

Login to Me Too
301 REPLIES 301

jansn87
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same issue! What gives paypal!? Not okay, why give the option if you're not going to let us use it!? I have done pay after delivery on etsy from the same vendor I've used for months and not its not an option? Serious BS!
Login to Me Too

nat55
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same issue here. Not understanding if I have the pay after delivery activated but sellers are not accepting this option espeically on ebay. I had tried to explain this to the representative today. I know not all sellers will accept this option. But I had tried over 50 sellers on ebay and they do not accept the pay after delivery option. Even the ones that i just bought from. 

I have been using this option for as long as it has been an option and pay promptly. Now I can't use it . But the thing is if I buy the item and I don't like it I have to go through a lot to return the item. Because i don't want it.

Login to Me Too

kssboley
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so glad I'm not the only one dealing with this issue. The last time I was able to use PAD on Etsy was August 2016. I called PayPal to ask about the issue and the rep tried resetting my profile since PAD is my preferred payment method. He told me to wait 24 hours. I was able to use it on EBay but not Etsy just a few minutes ago. The sellers I've been buying from had it set to allow PAD... I know one seller that is a friend that I helped her activate that option for her buyers. What ticks me off is how the sellers that I know had it are no longer showering up as having it. That's crap. Pretty much like how "Balance Manager" which is completely set up and handled on the PayPal website suddenly was handled and set up by my bank and not able to be changed by PayPal according to the SUPER knowledgeable PayPal rep I talked to yesterday. I just hung up on her finally, called my daughter, had her log in to PayPal and CHANGE THE BALANCE MANAGER PAYMENT DATE ON THE PAYPAL WEBSITE... NOT MY BANK'S. So.. all of the PAD no longer available on Etsy, which really ticks me off... I'm pretty sure that's PayPal as well and not Etsy like that rep tried to tell me. Very disappointed with PayPal's changes and I've been using it for at least 16 years!
Login to Me Too

teasler
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a certain amount or certain stores that the pay after delivery feature is available?

Login to Me Too

gaa
Contributor
Contributor

If you have used pay after delivery please tell me what stores i have found ZERO stores that offer it? Thank you for your help.

Gail

Spoiler
Heart I would love to know who accepts PAD?

@teasler wrote:

Is there a certain amount or certain stores that the pay after delivery feature is available?

Login to Me Too

slcrow0711
New Community Member

I signed up for Pay After Delivery when it was first released and used in on every transaction for months.  Now it does not EVER show as a form of payment since the first purchase I made that said seller requires immediate payment.  Now I NEVER have the option to PAD, pretty worthless option from PayPaI think.  It was great when it was working on EVERY SINGLE PURCHASE I made!  I might not be going through this issue I currently have with a seller that never shippend the video camera I purchased and he claims PP still says pending.  The claim is closed and yet here it is August 1 and I purchased the item on June 30.  EBay record now says "Thank you for your payment on this item" on Ebay with a delivery date but no tracking number.  And PayPal record says I am being issued a refund that may take 5  to 7 days.  PAY AFTER DELIVER would have made this situation obsolete!!!  

Disputed Amount:
  • $58.99 USD
Not received:
  • 162114720043 - Sony Handycam CCD-TR517 8mm Video8 HI8 HI 8 Camcorder VCR Player Video Transfer

Status

Your claim has been resolved and you'll receive a $58.99 USD refund.

What happens next

Please allow up to 7 days for the refund to appear in your account. Once the refund is complete, the case will be closed.

Supporting documents

Files (0)

You haven't submitted any files.

Faxes (0)

You haven't submitted any faxes.

View dispute comments

• 7/19/2016 11:46 PDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
  • 7/19/2016 11:46 PDT - Buyer: Seller states that Paypal transaction on his end shows that payment is pending. Paypal transaction on my end shows that it is complete. Ebay states that it shows I have paid for the item via Paypal but that my seller's account may have a problem between ebay and paypal. I have contacted the seller 4 times previous to fileing this with Paypal to try to figure out what is going on. I would like my item but otherwise I want my money back since the seller claims to not have received the money. I have received no screen shots or proof from seller that my payment is "pending" therefore I must proceed with the belief that my screen showing "paid and complete" is the true standing of this transaction.
  • 7/15/2016 22:34 PDT - Buyer: Ebay states that the item shows paid on July 5th but that it is still pending on the sellers end. The seller claims it is my account that has the issue. Which of us has the problem stopping him from receiving my payment
  • 7/15/2016 22:21 PDT - Buyer: My paypal and ebay screens both show that this transaction is complete and cleared. The seller and ebay both claim that the payment is still pending. Why? I paid for this item 10 days ago and still have not received the camera. The seller claims he has not received the payment yet.

View case history

• Jul 30, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul 30, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • Jul 26, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul 19, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul 19, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • Jul 19, 2016 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
  • Jul 15, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul 19, 2016 - Buyer: Dispute filed
  • Jul 15, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • Jul 15, 2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • Jul 15, 2016 - Buyer: Dispute filed
Login to Me Too

lloumiet
Contributor
Contributor

Erica, how do we know it's available BEFORE we bid on something? After having enrolled in the PAY AFTER DELIVERY (AND TOLD BY PAYPAL THAT [AND I QUOTE]... "ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SHOP...IT'S THAT EASY!!")...I decided to go shopping...and  I have been verified and 100% feedback and all and I made 6 transactions (5 were under 10.00), I went to checkout on eBay and PAY AFTER DELIVERY WAS NOT AN OPTION OFFERED TO ME...and now my freakin bank account is OVERDRAWN, INCURRING 5 $35.00 OVERDRAFT FEES, plus my utility bills were pending and set to go through and PayPal caused them to bounce (2 more $35.00 charges!!!)...now after reading all these other posts and finding out it's happening to ALOT of people, PLEASE FREAKING DO SOMETHING!!!  THANK YOU!!!

Login to Me Too

lloumiet
Contributor
Contributor

Oh, and P.S....already talked to my bank and they won't reverse the charges, said it wasn't THEIR fault.

Login to Me Too

gpk
Contributor
Contributor

I am very confused about this. On Ebay you can't tell wether pay after delivery is going to work until you've confirmed your purchase. Was told by pp customer services that the seller chooses, but this is a complete lie. Have emailed pp cs this time. 

Waste of time to offer buyers this facility and not make sure it works, or give you the option of using or not using on the confimation page or before you confirm

Login to Me Too

wilcouk

Well... ya'know if you didnt have the funds to begin with, why did you purchase something knowing full well you were going to go over? Dont rely on PAD to help you nor should you blame anyone but yourself, the Bank was right, it's not their fault... it's yours for being irresponsible and not living within your means.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.