PP email "Receipt for your PayPal payments" causes Outlook 2013 crash (<caption> tag?)

denzwadenzwa
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if Paypal is aware of this ? When completing a basket purchase of multiple items  through eBay, & paying by paypal, Paypal send their usual confirmation email "Receipt for your PayPal payments", the body of which is lengthy html listing all the payments made. 

unfortunately, trying to open the email in outlook 2013 causes immediate/total/unrecoverable crash. 

It seems the Paypal email HTML includes <caption></caption> tags (incorrectly) at the END of the table definitions in the "Receipt" email...this is at least ONE reason why Outlook crashes, but there may be others. Through using various email inspection tools, I've managed to extract the Paypal HTML from the "Receipt" email, and save it to a file; trying to open this HTML file in any of Outlook, Word, MS Edge, on Win 7/10 causes them all to crash/hang. Chrome & IE 11 do successfully open the HTML. 

This issue is ONLY for Paypal's "Receipt" email for MULTIPLE items...there is no such issue for the Paypal email for SINGLE item purchases, e.g. 

"Receipt for your PayPal payment to XXXXXXX"...these emails are fine, and the HTML would seem to be correctly formatted. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.