PLEASE HELP. Account limited falsely.

barbara-hippo

My daughters card is under my account, so she thought that she could verify that by posting photo i.d, obviously this did not work because now my account is limited and I've recieved a message having to do with changing my name on this account. This is not what I wanted AT ALL, and wish to have it removed, along with the limitations to my account. I am very upset, and have not been able to reach ANYONE, and have too much social anxiety to do a call over the phone. Paypal should have an actual verified website for online web chats, not just stupid things using social media sites like Facebook, and Twitter. I need to purchase something online for Christmas shopping pronto, and with my account limited for unknown reasons, I cannot. PLEASE HELP.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You will need to contact PayPal to explain.  But your daughter cannot add her card to your account at all!.   If your daughter is not old enough to have her own PayPal account, then you purchase the item for her or she can use your account under your payment methods under your name under your supervision.  If she has her own card, she has to have her own PayPal account to add it to.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@barbara-hippo

Your paypal account is a ''personal'' account to you if you are not a registered company.

And its against paypal rules to add another persons account information to YOUR paypal account.

So its highly unlikely if you have another persons card linked to your paypal account that it will be unlimited.

Either phone or post a personal message via Facebook or Twitter but not sure it will do you any good unfortunately.

If you don't want to do that then thats up to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

barbara-hippo

The card is under her name, but under MY bank account, so I have control over her card, basically it's mine. How can I remove her card though? It won't let me do anything, and Paypal refuses to contact me in any way to help.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You will need to contact PayPal to explain.  But your daughter cannot add her card to your account at all!.   If your daughter is not old enough to have her own PayPal account, then you purchase the item for her or she can use your account under your payment methods under your name under your supervision.  If she has her own card, she has to have her own PayPal account to add it to.

Login to Me Too

barbara-hippo

Alright thank you, I'm going to remove her card once I get my account unlimited again. Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, call and explain the mishap and that your daughter did not know the policy and have them remove your daughter's card.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Never let another person access your account,worse ,you even let her add her card to your account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.