PENDING RFEFUND

almost32001
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else have issues about them releasing hour refund? I received mine 12/29 and it still shows pending. It's from Home Depot. Come on I want my money. Then I have to wait another awful amount of days before it's even back in my bank account.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@almost32001

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

Its only been 2 working days so far.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

almost32001
Contributor
Contributor

They sure take it out immediately though

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@almost32001

Except they don't.

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to leave your bank account.

That is why we get confused buyers on here citing there item is on the way but the funds have not left their bank account yet.

Even when the funds 'leave' your bank account it takes several days before they hit paypal but that would not bother you as paypal has already paid your seller in advance for you.

They credit the seller in advance when you pay so you get your item more quickly but with refunds its you that takes the wait for the funds to go from the sellers bank account > paypal > you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.