PENDING FUNDS STILL NOT AVAILABLE

Crystalg1918
New Community Member
Hello, so I sold some items last week, processed labels through eBay and everything, as well as ensured the buyer received their shipment in perfect condition. I was first told that my finds would be available on the 14th around 12ish, but then I was told that my funds would be available today around the same time. But its now 5:13pm and my finds still have a hold on them. The whole idea of having to wait to get your own money is crazy! Not to mention that you would still have to wait until you transfer you money either to your preferred bank account or card before you could use it! So basically its all just a big waiting game! Wait 3-21 days to receive payment and another 1-3 or 3-5 business days to transfer and use it??!!! Come on now!
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's all part of the process whereby PayPal manages risk, especially for sellers with little history.  It also depends on the type of item sold and risk of the buyer filing a dispute.  PayPal manages a lot of money and needs to make sure sellers do not put it at risk.

If you want to avoid the PayPal scrutiny, you could pay by check.

Login to Me Too

Crystalg1918
New Community Member
I'm not sure what you mean by "pay by check". But either way it goes, I understand why PayPal does it. I just don't understand how 3 different reps could give me inaccurate information and not enough information beforehand on when my funds would approximately be available.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Actually I meant to accept a check for payment where the buyer mails you a check and you cash the check, thus avoiding PayPal.

As for PayPalr reps providing different dates, none of the reps have access to the risk models and they can only give a projected date with the assumption that the transaction and funds continue without issue.  The do not have access to any risk analysis or transfer stages that all happen through automated systems.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Crystalg1918 wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "pay by check". But either way it goes, I understand why PayPal does it. I just don't understand how 3 different reps could give me inaccurate information and not enough information beforehand on when my funds would approximately be available.

Reps do not know each individual case ,if you are a new seller or seller who has been away or selling outside your price range,or your buyer is overseas and using an overseas credit card or bank fund.

yOU JUST HAVE to build up your credential,upload tracking,no dispute ,you wil not have any hold on your incoming payments.

or sell on venue where you can ask for cash or check.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I just read this is an Ebay transaction,call Ebay and ask if they can help you,have you been selling long?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.