PAY AFTER DELIVERY?

Marillion
Contributor
Contributor

Is ANYONE having a problem with Pay After Delivery?

Did Paypal do away with this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LavishCash
Contributor
Contributor

I put a call into PayPal yesterday and it took them a while to get back to me and explain the problem. As of yesterday their is a glitch in their system and people were having money immediately debited from their accounts even after using the Pay After Delivery feature. According to the Pay Pal rep I spoke with, the system would be down for as long as 48 hours and they were working on a fix. This was as of 5:45 pm EST last night. That's why the option isn't showing up when checking out on Ebay, Etsy and other indpendent retailers. I've tried to use the option a few times this morning and it doesn't appear to be fixed. Hold off on your purchases for a while would be my only suggestion. 

And no, Pay after Delivery is not an "Ebay Only" feature. It's used by 1000s of indepdent retailers and artists on BigCartel, indepedent record labels, etc. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAD is an Ebay feature,not Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

my mistake,it is Paypal,not Ebay.It looks like some folks dont get to use the feature.

Login to Me Too

GACTANGELETRAX2
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL TAKES IT UPON ITSELF TO RANDOMLY SELECT WHICH OF YOUR PURCHASES  will be selected for payafter delivery. You can order 10 ebay items and  only three or none at all will be allowed at checkout time.

Login to Me Too

JeffryD
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened consistently for a number of months now and after getting diddley squat both from PayPal and eBay I came up with my own solution-I just click on "Pay Only This Seller" and take it from there.  Tired of hitting my head against a stone wall with those two sites, and since I sell on one and take payments with the other, what other choice do I have?  I just find it fascinating that if I am buying more than one item from the same vendor, it still takes PAD out of the equation unless I pay for each item separately.  Kafka would have loved these two sites.

Login to Me Too

Wzacarr
Contributor
Contributor
It only works when purchasing things separatel. It's my understanding they are doing away with PAD at the end of February....which makes me VERY sad. I have always paid and the PAD really helps me out especially when you only get paid twice a month. I guess I won't be buying off ebay nearly as much. I usually can get it on Amazon cheaper, but I buy from ebay because of the PAD option. Sad to see it go, I think it's a mistake.
Login to Me Too

MQB
New Community Member
Sooo sad to find out PAD ENDS 2/28/18! I use it like you, budgeting for we too get paid bi-weekly. Guess I may leave eBay, and that stinks because we buy so much right here, not Amazon, not Wal-Mart...strictly right here. Way to go guys, you'll hurt sellers and buyers!!! I know it's gonna cut out my big spending here, thousands per year, not to mention Christmas, and who wants another credit card? NOT ME, but that was the published alternative listed. Commenity Bank of Utah, BLEYUKK!BRING PAD BACK!!!
Login to Me Too

Completely agree. I do the vast majority of my online shopping through PayPal BECAUSE OF PAD. Not going to be using PayPal anymore I guess. Online spending is going to take a huge hit because of this.
Login to Me Too

Petty536
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had an email inviting me to sign up for PAD, which I have done but can’t seem to use it on sites! Bit pointless really.
Login to Me Too
Solved

LavishCash
Contributor
Contributor

I put a call into PayPal yesterday and it took them a while to get back to me and explain the problem. As of yesterday their is a glitch in their system and people were having money immediately debited from their accounts even after using the Pay After Delivery feature. According to the Pay Pal rep I spoke with, the system would be down for as long as 48 hours and they were working on a fix. This was as of 5:45 pm EST last night. That's why the option isn't showing up when checking out on Ebay, Etsy and other indpendent retailers. I've tried to use the option a few times this morning and it doesn't appear to be fixed. Hold off on your purchases for a while would be my only suggestion. 

And no, Pay after Delivery is not an "Ebay Only" feature. It's used by 1000s of indepdent retailers and artists on BigCartel, indepedent record labels, etc. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.