cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAY AFTER DELIVERY?

SOLVED
Contributor

PAY AFTER DELIVERY?

Is ANYONE having a problem with Pay After Delivery?

Did Paypal do away with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: PAY AFTER DELIVERY?

I put a call into PayPal yesterday and it took them a while to get back to me and explain the problem. As of yesterday their is a glitch in their system and people were having money immediately debited from their accounts even after using the Pay After Delivery feature. According to the Pay Pal rep I spoke with, the system would be down for as long as 48 hours and they were working on a fix. This was as of 5:45 pm EST last night. That's why the option isn't showing up when checking out on Ebay, Etsy and other indpendent retailers. I've tried to use the option a few times this morning and it doesn't appear to be fixed. Hold off on your purchases for a while would be my only suggestion. 

And no, Pay after Delivery is not an "Ebay Only" feature. It's used by 1000s of indepdent retailers and artists on BigCartel, indepedent record labels, etc. 

20 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

PAD is an Ebay feature,not Paypal.

Volunteer Advisor

my mistake,it is Paypal,not Ebay.It looks like some folks dont get to use the feature.

Highlighted
New Community Member

I put a call into PayPal yesterday and it took them a while to get back to me and explain the problem. As of yesterday their is a glitch in their system and people were having money immediately debited from their accounts even after using the Pay After Delivery feature. According to the Pay Pal rep I spoke with, the system would be down for as long as 48 hours and they were working on a fix. This was as of 5:45 pm EST last night. That's why the option isn't showing up when checking out on Ebay, Etsy and other indpendent retailers. I've tried to use the option a few times this morning and it doesn't appear to be fixed. Hold off on your purchases for a while would be my only suggestion. 

And no, Pay after Delivery is not an "Ebay Only" feature. It's used by 1000s of indepdent retailers and artists on BigCartel, indepedent record labels, etc. 

New Community Member

I encountered similar issues attempting to check out also. Pay After delivery was not an option as usual.

I fugured that it may have been an issue or glitch on their end.

Thanks for clearing that up for the forum.

Tags (1)
New Community Member

So Paypal better get their act together ... it's prime shopping season and alot of sales are going to be lost.

Thanks for letting us know what the issue is. I thought it was just me.

New Community Member

krazychemist wrote:

So Paypal better get their act together ... it's prime shopping season and alot of sales are going to be lost.

Thanks for letting us know what the issue is. I thought it was just me.

That is exactly my thought too.  I use this to budget my purchases and it works great!!!!

When I called Paypal, yesterday and today, they told me that it was setup in my account and should be working, but less and less sellers are using it.

Well, if that is the case, guess what... I won't be doing much shopping on ebay any longer.

Contributor

This is taking way too long to fix!

Come on Paypal!

And all the people I talk to at Paypal, they are all clueless!

How sad!

I wish they would send out a notice or something when its fixed...I'm tired of trying to check out on ebay, only to have to cancel it. Ive also missed out on a LOT of stuff with this option being down!! Too slow of a fix!!!
New Community Member

So, the accepted solution is to not purchase?  Good job Pay Pal!

Can some one at Pay Pal please offer some information about this issue and when it may be restored?