Overdrew Paypal balance; how long do I have?

Dx97
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, accidentally overdrew $20 with my paypal acc. Not getting paied until the 27th and the rest of my money is tied up in my bank account that has interest on it that will be cancelled for a month & withdrawl fees apply so I can't just take the 20 bucks out of there. 

How much time do I have before paypal starts getting nasty? I'm hoping I can just leave it for 6 days (next week from the date of this post) until I can pay it back, but I'm slightly worried they'll take some kind of action before then.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dx97

Normally if you pay someone and there are insufficient funds in your bank account then the payment will fail and paypal will put your account into negative.

Then they will try again a few days later, if that again fails they may use your back up card if you have one linked to your paypal account.

If all of that fails you will get an email telling you to resolve things and your account may be limited until you pay the debt.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dx97
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I got a friend to put some money in and now there is no debt shown; should be fine now?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.