Outgoing transfers using linked bank account now taking a week

RhinoRhino

I've been using Paypal to send money as friends and family for quite a while at this point, using a linked bank account to immediately send money, with no issues. Recently (within the past few weeks, maybe as far back as 2 months), money that I send does not leave my bank account immediately anymore, and there is now a 7 day (!) waiting period for the money to leave my bank account and make it to the recipient. So far both my bank and paypal have been relatively unhelpful with trying to revert to immediate transfer of funds, and I was wondering if anyone else is having/has had the same issues. Or if anyone has any ideas on how I can resolve this. 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I make quite a few F&F transactions, to a lot of destinations (Russia, Singapore, Japan, most of the EU, a lot in USA)

I would say in the thousands both sending and receiving over the course of the month (I buy a lot of Collectible cards

-------------------------------------

F&F transactions to overseas recipients,I think this is the reason why it takes so long.

Domestic ACH is 3-5 days,so overseas would be longer,not shorter number of days,each country has its own rules and regulations.

also Paypal does not get paid for doing so,why hurry?

Someone has his account clsed by Paypal as he makes too many F &F payments to recipients all over the world,he made 17 in a short period and reason given is Paypal is losing money.

you may wanto consider doing wiretransfer via your bank,it is next day

Login to Me Too

RhinoRhino

F&F transactions to overseas recipients,I think this is the reason why it takes so long.

Domestic ACH is 3-5 days,so overseas would be longer,not shorter number of days,each country has its own rules and regulations.

also Paypal does not get paid for doing so,why hurry?

Someone has his account clsed by Paypal as he makes too many F &F payments to recipients all over the world,he made 17 in a short period and reason given is Paypal is losing money.

you may wanto consider doing wiretransfer via your bank,it is next day

I understand that there are regulations between countries that would make it take longer, I just don't know why they worked fine for a long time, and now there is a hold period. I'm also getting 7 day hold periods on domestic transfers as well, so it's not just the international ones. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

rules change,could be the gateways Paypal is using,could be Paypal decides to review all coming and going.

last week there is this article that ISIS terrosists are funding US operation by buying from US Ebay sellers and funneling the fund into USA /

The US ebay sellers claim to be selling computers,but how does anyone if he really ship any?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

May I ask why are you sending payments all over the world using F&F?

Login to Me Too

RhinoRhino

Because I legitimately have a lot of friends that live around the world that I buy cards from. They aren't businesses, and they don't own businesses, they are just friends who I send money to and they ship me the cards. It seemed simple enough, but I guess I was wrong. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's likely based on risk issues.  You presented sufficient deails for that.  If you want more you'll need to provide more details and also review PayPal restricted activities.  PayPal can limit your account due to perceived risk about your business.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.